Overeem Vs Lesnar in the UFC!!!!!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Ben Gash CLF, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Exciting card! That 12 second knockout was awesome! Brock did not look ready to get back in the ring, and Cerrone looked pretty burned out too. Cerrone was dumb and let Diaz get under his skin, causing him to fight Diaz's fight in the first round. If he'd opened the first round like the second it might have gone differently. I must say though I was shocked at Cerrone's inability to secure a Plumm.
    The Kim-Pierson fight showed some great techniques, only really marred by Kim's lack of competitiveness. He seemed too much like he wanted to execute the perfect technique all the time, and lacked ruthlessness. If he'd scrapped and pressed a bit more he'd probably have stopped the fight in the second. That said, beautiful throw (and great reversal from Pierson) and how cool was that scissor kick?
    Hettes showed some SICK standing grappling skills, probably needs to work on his top control more though.
    The main event? Like I say, Lesnar didn't look ready, I also think changing his camp was a BIG mistake. Overeem played the perfect game for him, and once he defended the takedown he just grabbed the fight by the throat. Dutch kickboxer with a kick to the liver? Who'd have thought it? ;)

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'm dissapointed that Lesnar lost. I would've been dissapointed had Overeem had lost.

I'm usually not that split in the middle.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

As opposed to what? You do realize that everyone else just fell down unconscious...I would argue Brock showed balls.

What would you have done? Laughed it off? I get you don't like Lesnar but do you equally consider Cain a coward for falling flat on his ass when he got annihilated by JDS?

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Is it not possible that Overeem won K1 for a reason and just hit Brock very very hard?

5. Hannibal

6. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Running around the octogon, hiding in your own shadow and dropping yourself to the canvas while covering up - without even trying to fight back is far different than getting dropped and knocked out by your opponent... NO? Lesner quit, like a biatch.

7. Hannibal

Lack of experience, nothing more. To suggest otherwise is...well it's dumb actually

8. Hannibal

And again, what what YOU suggest? He got whacked of one of the MMA worlds biggest hitters. Cain just fell over when he had his turn

9. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Dude - with all do respect - PLEASE, watch all his fights, when he's gotten hit. He runs, cowards, covers up, stops fighting back and with the exception of the Carwin fight (which should've got stopped) he quits.

10. Hannibal

Again it is NOT cowardice!!! What part of this is confusing you?

Let's break it down to 101 - Mir and Couture both tagged him and he kept going without any issue. Carwin tagged himm, he weathered the storm and do not tap out and that is cowardice? How can you say that with a straight face?

Velazquez tagged him and he could not rally but again did not tap. Same with Overeem. It is clear you have never had an MMA fight or you would not spout such nonsense. And again I ask you what would YOU do when a 263lb K1 world champ hit you? You would cry like a little girl assuming you could stay conscious for longer than 3 seconds

Brock may be many things and I get it that people don't like him, but try and get a sense of perspective.

11. Hannibal

And again your HW of choice did pretty much the same with the exception he was half asleep - is he a "pussy" then?

12. bouli

bouli Valued Member

Am guessing you are mixing up the word cowards with either cowers or covers.....

13. Hannibal

Anyone that steps in there cannot be called a coward on any way,shape or form

Except Kalib Starnes

14. Ben Gash CLF

You clearly have little concept of what it's like to take one of those shots. I've been knocked out in matches, and I've been badly rocked in others, and conscious thought is not on the cards. It's primal survival instinct forcing you to A) try and stay on your feet, and if you're successful with that B) don't get hit again.

15. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Oops... "cowers" is what I meant. I apologize, English is not my first language and I do confuse words, at times.

16. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

You clearly don't know me. I've been in more fights than the highest number you can count to - and I've never been knocked out or even rocked - as you apparently have been, more than once - but I have (A) a good defense, to avoid from getting hit and (B) a jaw of granite, so when I do get hit, I can keep a concious thought - while remaining on my feet and continuing to fight, instead of running, cowering and quitting - like a biatch.

17. Hannibal

Bollocks

Don't believe any of that

18. Brutal

Brutal Banned Banned

Nice work Overeem.
    Really looking foward to the Reem Jds title fight.
    Lesnar really needed to push for that take down

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
  19. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

O.K. - Holy crap, I hear my wife yelling at me to get off the darn laptop and get ready for our New Year's Eve Party - or she's gonna knock me out... gotta go, now!

HAPPY NEW YEAR - EVERYBODY

20. Ben Gash CLF

So, we're down to the kid sister argument. "I've been in loads of fights against untrained losers in t3h Str33tz with no combat training and not been rocked, so clearly I can take a shot from a trained heavyweight and anyone who can't is a flake". The fact that you can say this shows A) you know nothing about standup, and B) have never fought anyone who's tested you, so who's the biatch?
    How is "chin" in ANY WAY related to courage?????????????
    Seriously, when I want advice on emotionally bullying young children I'll ask you for it, but when it comes to things you so obviously know nothing about you should probably refrain from making churlish criticisms of people who are out there putting it on the line.