Overeem Vs Lesnar in the UFC!!!!!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Ben Gash CLF, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah apparently lived in Hounslow, London and moved to Holland when he was young.
    I also remember watching him in Pride FC as a 205lb and I think it was mentioned by Bas Rutten during his fight with Liddell that he cut a lot of weight for 205lb and should fight at HW at some point.

2. Mushroom

fight week!!

(may contain swearing....Dana WHite, what do you expect?)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkOqgXHliSY&feature=BFa&list=ULqgPpqNhOhqo&lf=mfu_in_order"]UFC 141 Pre-Fight Press Conference - YouTube[/ame]

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

BIG, BIG MEN!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF8fAPgfwNA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF8fAPgfwNA[/ame]

4. Mushroom

I wish Overeem had his Hammer again..

Them some huge back muscles.

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Haven't seen Lesnar in a long time (obviously) and haven't got much of a clue what I'm looking at so would anyone say if he looks good at the weigh-in? Have a small feeling he looks less toned but, well, its Lesnar.

6. Hannibal

Actually I thought he looked jacked...MMA Lesnar was always a bit smoother than WE Lesnar anyway, but he looked pretty damn solid to me!

7. Mushroom

He looks ripped. Also back up at 266lb. He weighed in at 264lb last time.

No F5 coming this way though...

8. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Hounslow? Too bad Lesnar isn't from Feltham - it'd be a lot easier to predict the likely outcome.

It'll be a great one. I'm sure everyone is, as the frogmen say, "Ready for Boom"

9. Mushroom

Knives arent allowed in the cage. :p

10. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Lesner is the typical bully. He runs or tries to hide as soon as he realizes the opponent is NO punk - and looks for weaker prey.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  11. february

february Valued Member

Still haven't got the hang of the concept of spoilers have you?

12. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Oops! :hammer: I fixed it...

13. Hannibal

No you haven't

14. Hannibal

Well that went one of the two ways I picked!

I feel for Brock I really do. Having that type of gut work done and then "boom" right in the guts!

The "bully accusation is asinine - he hangs in there after shots that would have starched anyone else, but unfortunately it is his inexperience that makes him look so bad. Tag a striker, they strike back. Tag a wrestler they shoot - Brock lacks the experience to shoot out of trouble and it devolves into a series of desperate grabs.

I hope we see him again, but good luck to him no matter what

I think Ubereem would smash Velasquez, but gets stopped by JDS. The rest of the division I think Mir would cause him problems and probably submit him late on

The biggest "HOLY POOP" moment of teh night for me was John Fitch getting KO'd in 12 secs - that was insane!! His chin is solid, so imagine what type of punch that was!

15. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

He's a "BULLY" who runs and hides, when things get tough. He drops and cowards every time he gets hit. His fight vs Shane Carwin should have been stopped in the first round - and would have been, had it been anybody else other than Lesner - and it certainly would have been stopped had it been the other way around.

Lesner should do better in the WWE - where it's all fake, much like himself.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
  16. Mushroom

Some people havent seen this yet. Thanks to the NYE celebrations.

Spoilers Tag is there for a reason.

17. Hannibal

WWE is physically more demanding than any Martial Art for one

I responded to the other above. The Carwin fight should not have been stopped as he was intelligently defending himself - and then won

Last noght the head shots did not get through so no stoppage needed...that last body hook was brutal though!

18. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

My post makes NO mention of the fight - Lesner vs Overeem. I'm guessing you didn't read it... The spoiler is not necessary, in this case - unless you haven't seen the Lesner vs Carwin fight, which occured many moons ago.

19. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

In the Carwin fight, Lesner ran, hid, coward, covered up, stumbled, crumbled and bled. It was humiliating, even though he won. Like I said before... anyone else other than Lesner - that fight gets stopped in the first round.

20. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

You don't get regularly punched in the face, am I right?