Overeem Vs Lesnar in the UFC!!!!!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Ben Gash CLF, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

December 30th! Wow!!!!!! In terms of sheer spectacle alone this is gonna be awesome!

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

OMFG!! So much beef in one cage!!

3. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Jzzzzz

4. liero

liero Valued Member

SMART matchup by the UFC management. If Overeem looses, lesnar one of their biggest draws, is back in action.

If he wins then they can hype up a big fight against a major HW like carwin/dos santos with this "new unknown" fighter who beat the "former champion"

5. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

COME SEE THE MEAT MOUNTAIN TAKE ON THE TRAIN OF PAIN, AT LEAST 200 POUNDS OF BICEP IN THE CAGE AT ANY GIVEN TIME OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK

BE THERRRRRRE

6. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Someone better get KO'd in the first round because I think we gonna get the first ever double loss via lack-o-cardio result!

8. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

as much as i hate lesnar , i hope he crushes overeem

9. Ben Gash CLF

Much as I like Brock, I hope Overeem wins because the Heavyweight division badly needs some variety.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Ubereem by sprawl, knee, leg kick, repeat. :)

11. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Should be a good one!

12. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

WA HAR HAR HAR

13. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Just watched Jones v. Rampage. With GSP vs. Diaz changed up I've only got Velasquez vs. Dos Santos and Brock v. The Reem on my radar.

Of those 2 last fights of the year I just can't wait to see Brock lose to The Reem. I know that's all roundabout but with all the crappy cards the first half of the year and so many damn UFCs I gotta really pick and choose and this year's going out with a bang.

14. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

Overeem ON PAPER is better because he has submissions and strikes to put Lesnar (only a wrestler) away BUT look what happened to the last submission/striking expert that tussled with Lesnar

[​IMG]

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Lesnar trains with Paulson - dollars to donuts he can out-sub Overeem

What got my goat with Lesnar-Mir II was that Lesnar used a beautiful stock-hold and no one picked up on it. They just put it down to size and strength when it was actually a beautifully executed pin & punch...Brock brings a lot more to the table than people give him credit for

16. icefield

icefield Valued Member

lol sorry but until he starts subbing people on a regualar basis ill go with you until then its a no contest, overeem has 19 wins by sub, lesnar just two and one of those was by punches

17. Ben Gash CLF

Yeah, doesn't matter how good his instruction is (and he doesn't train fulltime with Paulson like Barnett does), Overeem's way more experienced at the submission game than Lesnar. Also, Overeem's groundgame is catch wrestling based, so Lesnar won't have the element of surprise that he has against BJJ players (even though I agree, that stocks position was beautiful, and is now part of my half-guard passing game (it was always part of my side control game) ). Gotta LOL at Ronki's description of Mir as a striking expert :D
    Basically Lesnar needs to snag a single leg and get him down on his back, then ride him in side control and work the G'n'P.

18. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

You can't make that bet! (brock ate all the donuts)

19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

BEEF!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gv_WOcgNqdU"]Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem - Official Promo - YouTube[/ame]

20. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Pffft call that a promo?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8prwdviyg&feature=g-user"]UFC 141 Lesnar vs. Overeem Promo - YouTube[/ame]

edit: fun fact -The guy who made that promo got a mention on twitter from Bones Jones after he saw the trailer made for his fight with Machida.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011