Origins of Allah?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by vampyregirl, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

is there any truth to what this guy is saying or is he an idiot? [ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_s5By7s8z0&feature=g-vrec"]Know Your Enemy (Part 27 - Allah) - YouTube[/ame]

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Before anyone else give their opinion why don't you give us yours?

What are your thoughts?

3. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

I don't know. Thats why i'm asking.

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

5. Dean Winchester

So you have watched the video but somehow have managed to form no opinion on it whatsoever?

6. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

It does sound biased. Video was made by a Christian.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You really need to put something on the plate. Enough with the junk posting already. All the effort to post a vid and all you can get up is 'sounds biased was made by a Christian'.... **** poor.

8. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Unfortunatly for you noone cares what you think about anything. I for one just laugh at you.

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Charming. Unless you can do better your thread goes bye bye. Fact.

10. Dean Winchester

Have you read the rules Simon posted?

Out of interest how old are you?

Now why not go back to the start look at the video and give us a break down on it and why you think what you do about it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  11. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Ok he claims Allah was the name of the Arab moon god, the main god, and Mohamaad preached to the Arabians that they were both right and wrong, that Allah was not just the head of a pantheon of gods, he was the only god.
    Does anyone here know about Islam and can you tell me if thats true or not?

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Moon god -- no. There's no connection to a moon god in Islam.

"Allah" is the word, or name, that Arabic Christians use for "God," as in the Christian God. I know this for a fact because a Melkite congregation shares my church, and part of their liturgy is in Arabic. It's right there in the liturgy. Plus, the multi-ligual cantor who emigrated from Egypt told me he's using exactly the same word, or name, that Moslems use. In other words, Allah is merely the English word "God," with a capital G.

He preached that they were more wrong than right.

Yes, monotheism.

13. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

No, VG, you were not asked to summarize the video, you were asked to actually give your opinion based on your thoughts/research on the subject after having watched the video. Otherwise, you are trolling the forum and are in violation of the rules as posted by Simon.

14. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

How old is Slip is a better question. I think he is about my sons age.

15. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Are any Muslims on the forums that would care to answer?

I'm not a Muslim, but here is my understanding of Allah;

Allah is Arabic (not Islamic - Arabic Jews and Christians have also been known to refer to God as Allah) for 'the God' and is according to Islam is the proper name for God (or the preferred name). Islam is a monotheistic belief which finds its roots in Judaism, they believe that there is one personal God who is the creator of all. The crescent which is often associated with Islam has no connection with Allah being a moon God (such as what you find in polytheism), rather it represents the Ottoman empire.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  16. Dean Winchester

Oh dear.

You've seen the rules posted yes?

I asked how old you are because you come across as someone very young still, in their mid teens for example.

If that was the case I'd probably give you a little leeway with regards to your attitude and failiure to understand certain things.

If that's not the case the you have little reason for the hissy you are throwing over Slip's comments.

For the record I think Slip was on the ball about your posts.

17. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

For the record i kind of like Slip. He provides entertainement. Nobody here takes him seriously but the funny thing is, he is such a <Personal attack removed> he thinks they do.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  18. Dean Winchester

You'll find a great many people take him seriously, he frequently offers good information and engages in intelligent discussion.

You trying to belittle him simply makes it appear that you are trying to make his criticisms of you less valid, a poor and ineffective tactic especially when the whole forum can see what and how you post.

I think you'll find he is taken far more seriously than you are.

So what do you think of the video and why?

19. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

I really don't care about his criticisms. Neither does anyone else.

20. Dean Winchester

And you know what others think how exactly?

I've stated a few times now I think he was correct and you only have to look at his "Thanks" count to see people value his opinion.

Now about this video.

Give us a break down on it and why you think what you do about it.

If you can't do this then I don't see why this thread should run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.