Operation: Growing a house

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shrukin89, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

This is one of my ideas that would be quite interesting to accomplish. Very green and efficient. What I want to do is to grow a poplar tree house. Poplars grow very fast, very evasive species, branches are very weak, but sort of flexable at a young age. So what I ended up doing is twisting and weaving the small branches together to give the branches strength, and made an arch with the 2 or more trees that are close by, which makes it even stronger to withstand elements. Every year there will be more shoots of branches that are sticking up straight off of those branches that are bent, and I weave those new branches outward and downwards and the canopy starts to really expand after a few years.

My dad says if you were a tree would you want to be twisted? I said, I would, if I turned out beautiful, and I know it will after 20 years.

It would be better than trying to get a house with a 25 year mortgage in this recession, even a condo now. So where do you go if you can't afford a house, nor being able to get a job? How and where would you live?

In a tent? In your car? In a store? In a forest? Underground? In a railcar? In jail? Whatever it is I would like to live with the animals instead if I had nothing left. Enough resources are available to survive. I personally want to head over in the mountainous area, with water near by, and where it is warmer.

2. Stanislovas

Stanislovas Valued Member

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Attached Files: