Online Mentoring

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by donb, Sep 8, 2007.

1. donb

donb restless spirit

it would be an honor.thanks. By the way, my granduncle is Frederico Saavedra, one of the actual 3 saavedra's of initial doce pares. It would really be an interesting visit.

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

sure we can. for as long as you pass the sisig, balut, smb test ;)

3. donb

donb restless spirit

sorry, i don't drink beer. i'm on a clear liquid diet (gin, vodka, lambanog). Sisig and balut, no problem, i still get them on occasion.

4. shootodog

no problem...i'm sure i can arrange something to suit your specific dietary concerns ;)

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Well next year's PI visit looks like it will be great fun, I will be poping along to Manila to say hi to all you guys too, ans sig sig and San Mig or what ever other refreshements will be flowing:)

Best regards

Pat

6. Karl

Karl Valued Member

Hey that sounds good I want to meet you guys also there and have some San Migs..... :) :D

7. Pat OMalley

Party time in Manila hooraaaaaaaa:)

8. Pat OMalley

(Sorry Ap not meaning to advertise or anything) Hi donb,
    It is only available on PAL format at the moment but NTSC will be out very soon, but if you have a machine that can play PAL PM me with your address and I will send you out a copy FREE I would be interested to get your veiws on the full DVD.

Best regards

Pat

9. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Can I have a free dvd to please Pat! :)

10. donb

donb restless spirit

Sorry for just getting back, one of my daughters had to celebrate her 10th b-day. Anyway, thanks for the offer but, i couldn't wait, so i already went ahead and ordered it yesterday. Thanks again.

11. Pat OMalley

OK no problem Bro.

Sorry Fire Cobra, but No:love:

Best regards

Pat

12. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

it may be too far, but look up mike eugenio (www.sagasa.com).

he can get you in touch with other pinoys in the area that are interested in fma. at least one (eugene amante) has spent a good amount of time in lameco.

tim

13. donb

donb restless spirit

thank you very much. these are the guys i've heard and been looking for. i had one encounter/session with "sagasa" when i was in the philippines in the late 80's with jun nunez - excellent fighters. thanks.

14. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

"Sorry Fire Cobra, but No"

Dam it! good try though eh Pat! :)

15. shootodog

strange that i've only come across 'sagasa' as part of bakbakan international. sagasa being their striking art, hagibis being grappling, and tulisan being their knife techniques. as i understand it, sagasa was "established" by dr. guillermo lengson with master topher and master rey.

16. donb

donb restless spirit

you're very right, sagasa was part of bakbakan international when i was still in manila, and was established by the people you mentioned so i did checked this website and i don't know the relation to this site to bakbakan so i'm still digging. also, how much do you guys know of "garimut arnis", this is the instructor's primary background. And i thought that it was mostly, lameco background, apparently not but i'm going to check it out further.

17. donb

donb restless spirit

Just curious, tim, would you happen to be tim rivera of the garimot instructors in st. louis, missouri; and eugene amante, also, a garimot instructor, thanks.

18. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

so far as i know, they don't have any relation to bakbakan. sagasa is just the url.

19. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

yeah, that's me. any questions you have about garimot, i'll do my best to answer.

eugene is also an instructor, and is (i think) an instructor in lameco. i'm not sure what else is in his background, or what's in mike's background. i believe they all started in the dergerberg academy.

tim

20. donb

donb restless spirit

thanks tim. I did establish contact with mike and he has invited me in a seminar sometime in october just to get an idea of the system. I'm looking forward to that one. Also, i did check the website of garimot system and it's interesting because i'm not familiar with a lot of the stickfighting systems that originated in the luzon area. We'll see how it goes. TRhanks again.