One piece of advice

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by philliphall, Dec 2, 2006.

1. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

My firtst fight is now just two weeks away. I have made my weight, I am feeling fit and just starting to get the first of my nerves creeping up.

So, if you could give someone (well, me) one piece of advice at this point before their first fight what would it be?.

2. strider

strider Valued Member

"train Hard ,fight Easy"

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Dont worry about it yet! i know its easy to say and hard to do but 2 weeks out is to early to be worrying about your bout,just focus on your training when your training,and relaxing when your relaxing,if you know what i mean :)

4. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

I am not constantly fretting or anything, it is just when I think about it I get a little tickle of adrenaline.

5. relish

relish Valued Member

Just relax and keep your hands up, you'll do fine mate!

6. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

if you have been training hard for this fight just relax and let your instincts take over good luck

7. duderanch182

duderanch182 Bored Thaiboxer

On the day of the fight just relax and have fun.

8. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Looks like we all agree-relax is the key! :)

9. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

I havent got any experience so i cant give you any advice, but i will say "good on ya" and "good luck" :)

10. strider

strider Valued Member

plus bro. once u are on the ring the butterfly in stomach feeling fades away.
    so don't wrry

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

The butterflies subside and the adrenaline kicks in!!! Im my first fight I was stood waiting for it to start and could hear my club all shouting for me.As soon as the word "fight" was said,that all disappeared completely and the adrenaline really kicked in!!

Good luck with it.Let us all know how you get on :)

12. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

yeah once you are in the ring and the bell goes the butterflies dissapear,your training kicks in and you do what you been trained to do(so make sure your trainings good) one other piece of advice is "listen to your corner" a good corner team are essential to your sucess,good luck :)

13. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

And is replaced by a well timed punch or kick!

Seriously tho dont worry about it, if you've done the training and sparring it should all come together so just go out there do as your trained too!

14. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

Trust your coaches. Listen to them and do what they tell you. They've brought you this far and you should count on them to see you through this journey.

15. Origami Itto

Origami Itto Walking Paths

Don't forget to warm up properly and thouroughly!