Older Kung Fu Student

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by creamcheese, Apr 26, 2004.

1. creamcheese

creamcheese New Member

Hi,
    I'm a Kung Fu Granny who began training 25 years after deciding to. Better late than never. Everything in the universe has its time and my time was at the age of 45. I am a Southern Praying Mantis practitioner and have never trained any other Martial Art. I am now 52 and started to teach 3 months ago. I would like to hear from other students or teachers (male or female) who began their martial arts journey at a mature age. I'm sure we could learn from each other.

2. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Welcome to MAP! I'm another late starter, having begun only a year ago (and same age group as you). Anytime you want to chat about being a mature student, I'm willing! :)

3. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

Hi and welcome!

4. budogirl

budogirl Armed and fabulous!

Welcome creamcheese! I would be interested to know what lead you to start at 45 - 25 years: that's a long time deciding! - and why you chose kung fu. :D

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

alreet creamcheese, welcome to the MAP madhouse :D

6. buddah_belly

buddah_belly New Member

First welcome, Secondly, I'm female, and I got a slightly late start. I'm 29...not incredibly mature, but one of the oldest at my school.

7. creamcheese

creamcheese New Member

Hi Budogirl!!
    It's a llllloooonnnngggg......story BUT to cut it short, 1972/73 saw "Enter the Dragon"
    (Bruce Lee), something entered my being, searched for Kung Fu school, non to be found. I went to see a Karate class but it didn't speak to me and anyway I was then pregnant with my first and a bunch of kids followed over the years. Due to family commitments me and training never worked out. Just had to be patient, I knew the right time would arrive together with the right Sifu. IT HAPPENED. Now I understand the meanting of patience.......life begins at 40.
    When do you wanna fight????