Old Tournament Poster?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by tulsa, Jul 10, 2012.

1. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Does anyone have a digital copy of the old WKSA tournament posters? The use to send them out to all the school to promote the "World" tournament down in Houston.

The reason I asking is I do respect whom I was taught by and I am kinda a pack rat for stuff like this. So I am putting everything I own in a digital format so I can keep it for as long as I wish. I have 4 of these posters but they use to be on why wall of my 1st Dojahng. They where is frames but after awhile I took them out because of fading.

So if any one has or could get some of these digital I would and I would think allot of folks on here would love to see them again.:evil:

2. jamesdevice

jamesdevice Jötunn

I hate to have to say say this, but your request strikes me as being on a par with having a naked portrait of an ex-wife hanging in your bedroom....someone who just can't let go of the past

You've left the WKSA. Move on, look forward. Don't look backwards
    Besides which, having advertising on the walls for an organisation you are no longer part of (even if it is historical) strikes me as being potentially deliberately misleading. Especially given some of the comments you've made here about the WKSA
    Those comments may or may not have been justified - but surely you've burnt your bridges with them.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  3. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

I think of it as more like my old high school year book. I had people I hated and people i loved there. I will never forget the good or the bad, the good is what i keep and try to improve on, the bad is what I will remember what not to do. I have not burned any bridges with the WKSA all I did was run back a forth from the well with the bucket I was given by the WKSA ( it had a lot of holes in it) then realize I should just stop what I was doing and watch that sucker burn down. So I stopped what I was doing grabbed a comfy chair a glass of lemonade and watch. I saw the WKSA use gasoline instead of water on the other side of the bridge. You know what they saw about playing with fire,,,,:evil:

4. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Kind of funny that you would think that if you left WKSA that it would "burn down". The reality is that your absents is unnoticed and your impact since leaving is null. I just don't get you sometimes Tulsa in one breath you want memorabilia from your day's in WKSA and in the next you take a pot shot at it. You seem to be a little out in the weeds with the direction you want to go. It's obvious you need a little guidance I would suggest you seek out a new org that can replace that void in your MA life, maybe Master Sims, Timmerman's, or Lee's any one of these are reputable.

5. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

What I said was that the BRIDGE was burned down not the WKSA itself. Since I am NOT in the WKSA ( thank you ) I can still have friends in the WKSA also I can still remember the good and bad. If you are in the WKSA you can not openly criticize the Association on anything. And I quote Master Alex Suh and other Masters "It is our way or the highway!" So, when it comes to the people in Kuk Sool I still believe there are some really good ones still in the WKSA and some out of it. Why can someone not hold respect for one part of the past and criticize the bad.

Just like voting for the president: you might not like all the things that they stand for, so you still vote for them because it is better than the other choice, but you never should give up trying to show and change things that you deem necessary.

Why can I not have good experiences I want to remember and Bad ones that I can learn from and if someones asks tell them the bad or good?

It seems that on this forum page you either have to be 100% WKSA or 100% NON WKSA.:evil::evil:

6. karma

karma Valued Member

No Tulsa. I wondered the same thing a few posts back on another thread. I like Ob am baffled by your direction. I too seem to think you are maybe looking for someone who can give you some guidance. In one breath, you are berating the wksa and in another its as if you are begging to ne back. Not being ugly, just letting you know how it sounds to others. One minute you're talking about the wksa pouring gas on a fire and the next your asking for posters. Did you really expect the wksa to call you and beg you to stay or come back? I mean, they did not call and beg Master Ken Duncan, Master Jay Lee, Master Sims, Master Byung In Lee to come back, and these guys actually had skill. Man, I left and I still have friends in the wksa such as Ob and some others. You act as if you needed the wksa permission to talk to your friends. I made a decision to leave and I am happy with that. I wish the wksa and its people much success. The wksa has a great curriculum, iI hope it continues to grow. But I do not whine over their policies, especially now that I am gone. You make it sound as if you were fired from the wksa, not quit. Not being ugly, just stating how it is coming across to others

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  7. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

My master came to my school and I had the poster of the first tournament I ever attended in the WKSA hanging on my wall. He had three of my black belts remove it for me telling me "the past is past and that man (Kuk Sa Nim) is a wilting flower". There are NO WKSA items in my school. At my home office, yes. Here, no. Let go.

8. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

I see it in another way, Do you still do Ki Cho Hyung or Ki Bohn Soo's? It is part of your past. You learn from the good and bad from your past.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
    Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
    The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.
    Study the past if you would divine the future." Confucius

I will not forget the past! I do not care if you all think you can. You can not. That which is in your past makes up your present and future.

I agree if you are starting a "NEW STYLE" then start a new style totally. Make up your own hyungs, your own set of techniques from what you have learned and go on. I prefer Kuk Sool, not the Won but the basic style. Yes, I think there is some holes in it, so I filled them in with long hard sought knowledge. I will continue to look into how I can make things better and advance myself and my students, Doing nothing less is stupid and ignorant.

As for posters, they are a reminder of the past, just like the Magazine covers the "Rogue Master" have been on. Do they all throw those away? Do they all discount that they were in the WKSA? NO! So why should I? Why Should anyone? It is or past.:evil: