Old keris Vs modern keris

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Narrue, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Kiai Carita

Kiai Carita Banned Banned

Peace to all

Actually as Nechesh said the only proven meteorite keris are those young keris made using the Prambanan pamor. The Daha period is not really mentioned much in kerisology and is not a special tangguh, but the tangguh Jenggala (as you know, Mpu Baradah flew across the land of Daha-Kahuripan and divided the kingdon into Jenggala and Kediri) is a sophisticated and handsome keris with well worked iron.

Were they made of meteorite? Who knows.

Pamor, -means something you mix in- can come from many different sources. If there was workable meteorite then the meteorite would be used but often smiths would use different iron from different sources to make pamor. Like pamor Luwu is made from iron imported from Luwu in Sulawesi. It is interesting that the keris made by the Rembrant of keris makers, Mpu Supa sepuh of Majapahit, are most often kelengan -without pamor patterns, just black (from arsenic). Most of the keris pusaka in the kraton are also simple dhapur and pamor.

Warm salaams to all
    KC

2. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

What do you mean by withstand more tenaga dalam? Are you saying that a bad keris would not be able to withstand the tenaga dalum and so would be destroyed :eek: Wow that would be very impressive. I take my hat off to anyone who can destroy even a common butter knife with his tenaga dalam.

I would say a well made keris has the potential to store,hold or transmit more energy. I seriously doubt that anyone can destroy a keris with his inner power even if it is a very badly made keris, if there is such a person I would love to meet him :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005