Old front split recurring injury

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Fillythebish, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Fillythebish

Fillythebish Valued Member

I know there is another thread of front split injury, but I didn't want to hijack it :Angel:

About 4 years ago I did the front splits with right leg forward and I slipped and went beyond my normal stretch level and felt a wierd feeling and I also "heard" something, like rustled paper or the sound you get when your knees "creek".

My flexibility and strength came back to normal after a few weeks after the injury. I didn't seek help, which I know is silly, but I didn't know much better realy and being only 22 I had a devil may care attitude to injury in general.

Now the wierd thing that I don't understand is that it only plays up (gets tight and aches a little bit) when I do alot of jogging. My front splits with right leg forward are difficult to do fully and it aches a bit when sat down for a long time, like over 2 hours drive for example.

But if I do cycling or circuit exercises in place of jogging it is fine and I can do the full front splits with no issues and it doesn't ache.

It seems I can do maybe 2 or 3 days of jogging a week without issue, but any more and my leg doesn't like it.:confused:

Anyone know why jogging might make my leg tighten up but other exercise doesn't?

I do plenty of strength training with weights and gymnastic body weight exercises and can squat my own body weight.