Oh, please let this be true! Serra v GSP scheduled for Canada's first UFC!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Davey Bones, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

2. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Well, if that doesn't put even more fire in St. Pierre's belly... I thought the prospects of this fight were grim for Sera to begin with after seeing George's domination of Hughes. Now it seems like all the nails are already in the coffin. Sera is going to be rusty (bang), and comming off an injury (bang), while GSP is a man on fire (bang), just comming of a huge win (bang) and fighting on home turf (bang). My prediction is GSP will not only take the belt back, but hold it for a long time. He very well may be the welterweight equivalent of Chuck Liddel's long tenure on top.

3. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

i agree, however Serra LOVES being the underdog. i think he's the kind of guy who does better when the odds are against him.

but i still don't think he'll be GSP. gsp is on fire right now.

4. XT18

XT18 Banned Banned

hmmm ufc in canada does anyone know if jeff joslin from hamilton is fighting in that?

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Man - GSP is top notch. Haven't seen much of his stuff before the Hughes match but now I want to see more. He's a great competitor and I'll look forward to his future matches. GSP is a class above Hughes, and probably Serra too. One of the few people I see contending with GSP in the future (maybe) is Uriah Faber. He'd have to move up a weight class though (faber that is)

6. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

I'm happy to see the UFC expanding into international markets. Maybe it'll create a spike of interest in other countries.

Yohan-read a mag the other day that said Faber walks around at about 153. Unless he has an eight-course buffet for each meal I doubt he'll ever come close to 170. If they were in the same weight class, though, it'd be a hell of a fight.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

When GSP first beat Hughes, after the fight the cameras kept rolling while Fertita went up to GSP and you can cleary hear "We want to do a show in Montreal" and GSP goes nuts.
    With such a prominent Canadian representative in the UFC this was a great avenue for the UFC to expand, much like what they did with Bisping and UK.

Obviously they werent happy when Serra beat GSP and suddenly the Canada show is no go.

8. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Surprising - he fights lightweight, so he basically walks around at his fight weight.

9. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

he's a featherweight, not a lightweight.

oh, and i'd be very surprised if serra is healthy enough to train properly in time for a fight in april.

10. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

he fights at 145, so he cuts 8lbs to fight. featherweight champion. if only the ufc was able to aquire all of pride's fighters, GSP-Gomi would have been awesome...