Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!! (Xing Yi techniques)

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Angelsweet, Nov 15, 2006.

1. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Welcome to MAP Joanna :)

Can I perhaps edit & merge some of the original thread with this so that we can have more of a cohesive discussion ;)

2. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

Hello - thank you for my welcome. :)

Erm - OK (reservedly) I guess so. I've got nothing against revealing how petty and immature the original thread was. I'd have prefered to have been given the opportunity to reply all along, so now I have, go for it. I can't promise I'll stick around though if the level of debate returns to personal and offensive comments.

3. jkzorya

(After thread has been re-edited and re-posted - )

Shudder - I hadn't even seen half of those original comments.

What an intelligent bunch.

Unfortunately I'm forbidden from doing what I'd like to do to them by the first law of robotics. Zgronk.

4. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

Welcome to MAP,

I like Yorkshire accents :D I'm married to a Yorkshire lass

5. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Have actually seen the DVD's, you give your partner a fair whacking throughout them! :D

6. Angelsweet

Angelsweet Banned Banned

Well i stand by my original post. The techniques in your vids are shockingly bad. Also middleway is not my mate/buddy whatever, I don't know him. But you keep on doing what you do. Fool yourself if you like, fool others around you if you can, your vid clips speak for themselves. But I am flattered that you spent time putting that page on your site. Just for moi. aah! So lame! :D

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  7. jkzorya

Idiot.

Well now that I have been allowed to join the MAP forum, I've been able to check out your profile, my dear, sweet Angelsweet.

I see what kind of a person you are now. Quoting Angelsweet:
    And quoting Angelsweet again:
    So now we know - if it looks like the way YOU do things, we are all OK. But if we stray from the path of Angelsweet, it is obviously heresy.

Hmmm. Check out my forum - I think we might have already met!
    http://www.reelingsilk.co.uk/forum/index.htm
    Click on their names to see which one best describes you.

8. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

Hello Joanna.
    In my experiance with MAP one of the best tools for forumdebating is:
    The Principle of Charity : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_charity :)

Also I was horrified by you clip. How could you go onto the moors bar tat? The worms shall get thee if tha carries on bar tat.

9. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

10. jkzorya

bar t'at

Don't worry about me - I was raised in the land of snow and ice. We don't wear 'ats up there either - we just throw back our heads and rage at the sky.

11. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

LOL Best thread ever :D

If this keeps up I might even go to the next MAP meet lol.

12. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Look forward to seeing you there :)

13. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Lio at a map meet would be funny to see! :D

14. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

One of my friends trains with us..and hes been training for a while
    but because he practised shotokan for years before he started training with us all his movements are rigid. He is improving SLOWLY... but he did say it was very hard for him to change the way he moves....

15. jkzorya

I think this thread has probably run its course (but then I would say that ;) ). I now know that Angelsweet (Colin) doesn't know the first thing about Xingyi because I've been given information about his training background etc. Angelus - if your last comment refers to me, I simply choose to express the jin at 3 stages when teaching piquan to beginners in order to bring out the different applications and promote committed whole body movement throughout the separate sections of the circle - there is little point in flowing everything together until you can express the component parts in a non-muddy way. The circle can also be expressed differently and is by many instructors (we don't have just one version), but there is nothing even approaching a standard "correct" way. Whether or not a person can fight is all that matters to me, and one of my students has used his piquan successfully in a couple of street situations, so we are quite happy. Anyway - think and say what you like, but remember that you are going to have to come and train or spar with me if you want your comments to have any credibility. Now the floor is yours my little friends....

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  16. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Muhahaha after all that was said about this woman, who will take up the challenge.....who can stand the stench of whippet! :D

BestthreadEVER!!!

17. jkzorya

Oh for goodness sake, go and do some training or something!!!!

No - I'll have the last word.

No, I will.

No, I will.

:bang:

Oh incidentally, Charlie Dog is a mongrel, not a whippet (and he actually smells quite nice unless he gets wet, when he smells like an OXO cube.)
    http://www.reelingsilk.co.uk/charlie_page.htm

18. middleway

middleway Valued Member

he looks like a nova scotian duck tolling retreiver! my favorite type o dog! ;)

anyways ... end of thread people? yes?

:D

19. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

20. jkzorya

Hi Chris,
    Yes, he does a bit, but he's smaller, slighter, significantly lazier and hates water :D