oh god no

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by karate P.belt 2, Nov 9, 2005.

1. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

2. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Well... it is just a kid's toy, though. Nothing to get wound up about.

If it gets them off their playstations for two seconds and gets them interested in MA it can't be all bad, can it? :)

3. shadow joe

shadow joe seeker of truth

actually i've always envisioned a Playstation game (or other platform) that uses something like the Eye Toy to train actual MA, at least the technology is there to teach realistic boxing patterns and strikes... haven't really sorted out soemthing for BJJ yet ;)

4. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

Awe come on ppl
    ITS ONLY A CHILDS TOY
    my little boys have it its fun for them, ok its a bit lame and embarassing at times but harmless fun none the less

5. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i really don't see why. it's made for kids. kids use it for fun, a bit of practice and that's it.

6. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

I'm getting one... it's got Tommy Nitro... :eek:

7. karate P.belt 2

you see but over half of the kids will go on bragging about how their masters of karate and won't think they need any more practice and then when some kid who actually knows how to fight gets annoyed they'll be over confident and get there **** handed to em

8. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

its soooo lame jesh but its got a punch bag and a basic lesson
    some ppl need to lighten up its not as if its designed as a martial art training tool it just marketed to get kids interested

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

kids brag about everything else in their lives, so i don't think that this bag is such a big deal.

10. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Sure mate, I really don't mind this stuff for little kids. They're not promising 6th degree blackbelts or t3h d34dly mov3s...

11. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

PBelt.... i think you need to loosen up a bit mate. The karate training game for the PS2/3 could be like what yuou describe but this is a toy for children dude!

12. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

30 MINUTES!!!!! Why didn't anyone tell me you can learn karate in 30 minutes from a DVD - I spent the last seven years training when I could've been drinking and playing video games!

13. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Hahahah what a review

14. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

LOL HAHAHAHHA now THATS a review! :D

15. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

It looks like fun for a seven year old. Give the kids a break.

16. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

I wish the bag was a little taller. It's kinda short for me...not that I have one :bang: ....that I take to work.....it's my own portable dojo.....really...I don't even use the video....at least not everyday....ShutUP..Don't judge me...I have

t3h d34dly sk1llz!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

17. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

i love the fact that it says heavy bag included
    then have a look at the shipping weight

18. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

They are probably calling it a heavy bag because every other punchbag they've seen is called a heavy bag. Its undoubtedly blow-up

19. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

I don't know why you're all getting so precious about this. Lots of kids get a set of toy boxing gloves and a 'baby' punchbag for Christmas and nobody says "but they'll never be able to take on Tyson using that".

And what about lego? "Look darling, there's no point in him building houses with that stuff until he's got an engineering degree, it'll just give him false confidence." :D

20. karate P.belt 2

I allways thought there was something wrong with legoes