Official MAP Meet 2012

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Late for dinner, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Are you coming along to the 2012 MAP Meet?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2012.
  1. Yes definately

63.2%
  2. Unsure at this stage

31.6%
  3. I am coming and bringing a friend

5.3%
  1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm making myself a name badge.
    I suggest we all do.

2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I've blagged a car from work and am good to go.
    What time can we get in ?

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I'll hopefully be arriving early. I'm setting off at 8.00am and expect to be there by 11.00am.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Have a nice cosy lunch with bassai. :)

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

We're booked in from 1.00, there are coffee machines there and a seating area. I'm aiming to be there well before 1.00 to meet people.

There is something going on in part of the hall until 1.00, you may be able to get into the other half.

Mitch

6. Simon

We have just abandoned moving house, but a lot of paperwork is still packed. I can probably find my enhanced CRB paperwork, but cannot find any instructor insurance.

Will this pose a problem?

7. Mitch

I don't think so Simon.

Mitch

8. bassai

Cool I'll probably be leaving some time around 10.00 , so should be there 11.00-11.30

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Really annoyed but due to illness and injury I'll be missing this one. I hope everyone has a great time and I look forward to seeing the photos and videos!

10. Simon

Get well soon Gary.

11. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I'd also like to send my apologies. Was getting ready to come up until a few days ago, then packing, moving and a bit of necessary DIY got in the way. Enjoy it and someone beat up Mitch's hair for me! Stay away from the mankini though...

12. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

I hope to get there early too - will depend on stuff - but looking forward to practicing 'Jaw Fu' (Chatting - Thought I'd explain that in case my attempt at a martial joke is as lame as all my other jokes...)

13. Mitch

That was brilliant :D

Mitch

14. bassai

What Mitch said !!

15. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

AWESOME day! Thanks to Mitch for organising it, all the instructors who gave their time and expertise to run sessions, and everyone else for turning up and making it such a great afternoon! I'm absolutely shattered now - knew I should have stopped for a caffeine fix on the way back........ :happy::zzz:

Edit: P.S. Thanks to PA Smith for leading me out of Nottingham - I'd probably still be there if he hadn't........

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  16. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Aww man.
    MAP meets suck... Cos they're only once a year!

Got thrown by Late4dinner (he's a frightening man!)
    Requested that ice field suplexed me (luckily he didn't)
    Recievwd kancho from jwt
    Got to see Mitch in a mankini (the best thing ever)

17. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

*Shudder* I'd almost managed to suppress the image. PLEASE don't mention it again.......

18. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Sucks that i missed put. Sorry guys. Meet up next time..

19. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I can supply you both with the name of a good therapist, if you need it... :wow: :eek:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  20. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Nice to see everyone out today. Thanks to all that were happy enough to brave my sessions. Thanks for your patience!!

Nice to meet a few more MAPpers (not sure if this what we call ourselves!)

Great work by Mitch in getting things organised and having the meet run so smoothly.
    Much thanks to all the others doing sessions for volunteering their time. I think it's safe to say a lot of fun and a bit of learning for all involved! :D

LFD

PS forgot to say thanks to Icefield and theladiesfan for coming along and helping me out during my sessions... runs so much smoother when you don't have to do ''everything'' . : D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012