Official MAP Meet 2012

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Late for dinner, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Are you coming along to the 2012 MAP Meet?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2012.
  1. Yes definately

63.2%
  2. Unsure at this stage

31.6%
  3. I am coming and bringing a friend

5.3%
  1. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Oh, is Bassai giving lessons in Shotokan kicking techniques then? :Angel:

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Only if he does them differently from you :p :D

Mitch

3. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

I prefer tuxedos and ball-gowns but whatever anyone cares to wear is OK by me.

Will there be mats?

4. John Titchen

No we do Shotokan kicks the same way. DART kicks - those ones we used to decimate your TKD students, are done differently. :p

5. Mitch

Never seen one of your guys kick, except in pictures. We should discuss that elsewhere.

Mitch

6. John Titchen

:)

7. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

I'm easy with what you wear. I was thinking of insisting on truly authentic Okinawan tradition for my session, ie. everyone in their undies. But on mature reflection, I think just whatever you usually wear in training will be fine.

No pads necessary. A sturdy gi top for some techniques might make them chafe less but its by no means a necessity.

Mike

8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'm now disease free so you can take the hazmat suits out your bags

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Only one day to go and late entries are more than welcome.

It makes no difference what level you are at.
    We're there to have some fun, meet fellow members, learn some new skills and raise some money for charity.

10. Mitch

Absolutely! We've got a range of people coming, from completely different backgrounds, so everyone is likely to be a novice at something!

No egos, lots of fun and some excellent training! I've already met a couple of the guys doing the teaching and can confirm they are great instructors who will ensure the sessions are fun too. As for the rest they're just friends I haven't met yet :D

Mitch

11. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

I'll be there if my car makes it to Nottingham in one piece.

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Cool...this is shaping up.
    Although I think I'm going to have to flip a coin to see what sessions I do as I really can't choose. I wanna do all of them. :)

13. Simon

If you're fit, healthy and of strong mind and body, then the others will find something to suit your needs.

If you are 100Ibs overweight, have a gammy knee and are better suited to talking the situation down, I'm your man. :(

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

*goes to stand with Simon...we exchange knowing looks...a subtle nod of solidarity tinged with sadness*

15. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Have you looked at the instructors? Some of us aren't over weight, just vertically challenged!! I don't think that anyone will have to worry about much ;' )

LFD

16. Mitch

Ey up chaps.

Mitch.

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

*stands a bit nearer to Simon for protection because some weirdo has just joined the group*

18. Simon

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

19. Mitch

In other news we're up to 17 attendees now :)

If anyone is waiting on weather or whatever, you can always pay cash on the day :)

Mitch

20. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

Filled up with petrol, checked the tyre pressure, sorted out a packed lunch, now all I have to do is offload at least one brat and make sure I don't injure myself in any way that would prevent me from driving a four-hour round trip tomorrow...... (laugh if you like, but it's happened before. :bang: :bang: :bang: )