Of The Weak...

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Buddroux, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Buddroux

Buddroux New Member

Hey i was wondering what u all thought.... Somepeople say that Weapons are of the Weak because if u have to use a weapon then u are weak ....

I think weapons are of the smart...

I just wanna know what u think ...

2. The Kestrel

The Kestrel Valued Member

Lots of martial arts have a weapon training.
    Lots of people who said that is because they doesnt know how to use a weapon, they feel inpotent, and calm their angry with that affirmation.

Even a sniper is strong. you have the life of the man in your sight under your finger.is too much pressure, and they are Very, Very strong.

In the World War 2, if you werent so strong, you entered in a senseless state due to pression, for not being strong.

I hope this answers your question.

Remember: A Rocket Laucher kills his user too if he is weak.

3. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

Just when I thought it couldn't get more bizzarre...*L*

4. shonuff

shonuff New Member

They are full of crap. Weapons are for the smart. Any advantage you can have over an opponent or any tool that aids you in a fight or battle is good. Being it paint can or a fighter jet.

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No, generally they just have some form of sociopathy or something similar that makes them capable of disconnecting as they pull the trigger. Nothing to do with strength of will. Everything to do with careful training.

Actually the shelling in World War II would put anyone into shellshock (not quite a senseless state, there's more to it than that), strength of will had very little to do with it.

I don't see what strength has to do with misfiring a rocket launcher, sometimes the misfire on their own. I mean, if you're not strong enough to hold one then even if you drop it you're not going to be killed by it.

Weapons are tools.

6. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

Need you have bothered? I mean...

7. Buddroux

Buddroux New Member

Welll I just wanted something to tell this guy ... thats all....

8. Koryo

Koryo Valued Member

I see where the guy is coming from but I'd still disagree with him. A guy who uses a weapon is no weaker than someone who plays the piano, they're both just objects that perform certain functions.

9. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Weapons are tools for hurting people. Weapons put the martial in "martial art".:)

10. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

Weapons are just another tool, in the martial arts as are your feet, fists, elbows ect. It sounds like whomever said that is rather pompous.

11. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Name one war or battle that was fought without weapons.

Name one soldier that refused to carry a weapon because it was for the weak....

12. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Weapons are for the weak:confused:
    HA HA HA
    I've also heard that martial arts is for the weak also
    Just people who don't know what they're talking about. They want to feel big that's all.:D

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Just remember, everyone has an opinion, do whats best for you.

14. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

weapons are like an extension of your self if might not be as effective if you cant use it just like a kick cant be as effective if you cant do it

15. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

LOL:woo: :woo: :woo:

I was thinking about this and decided if some one wants to call me weak for using a weapon had either be really fast or greatly surpass me in MA. Weapons are for the smart. If it can be used to keep some one away from me while allowing me to injure them its a good thing. Its like one the Everything can be a weapon thread. Tai-gip was talking aobut how he easily cause grievous bodily harm unarmed, and another MAPer said thats a really good reason to use a weapon. To keep people who can crush your ribs with a kick. If they cant get close enough to kick you without losing parts of their anatomy while you stay safe I dont see any problem.

16. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

I tend to agree with Cudgel on this one.

A weapon is merely an extension of your body designed [hopefully] to keep the attacker away from you thus minimising damage to yourself.

It is neither for the weak or to give you godlike powers, it is just a tool, nothing more.