Of fight promoters and ring girls

Discussion in 'MMA' started by righty, May 8, 2011.

1. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I'm cooking Chicken, a big one, could last me most of the week, but my flat is roasting, literally.

Incidentally, for female fights (as I've not been to any) are there ring boys ;)

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Starting to get sick of chicken. It's great in a curry or something but I'm getting two a week so it gets very sameish. Need to dig out some new recipes.

Male ring people is a suggestion I've made for the female fights but guess what?

3. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

"Ring Boys"? Has a nice ring to it?

4. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

I'm getting the same with pig, It just so happens to be the cheapest meat at the mo so i have loads in the freezer. Loving the crackling though.

5. Moi

Most important bit :jawdrop:

6. Moi

Pork loin by any chance? Had that Friday. Gammon is cheap as well at the moment, using a roasting joint instead of sliced ham and in omelettes. I love Aldi :love:

7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Try chicken thighs rather than breasts, they're much tastier!

As for ring girls, I do have a problem with them, for the same reason I dislike cheerleaders - the girls wear skimpy outfits, look pretty and cheer on the boys who do the sports. I would have less of a problem with ring girls if there were also ring boys.

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I know Mitch has a couple of spare pom poms. We can cheer you on during your next workout.

9. Moi

Anyone else see the irony of a ring girls thread turning into a discussion about meat?

10. Moi

I tend to just buy the whole chicken or even just the breasts if I'm cooking curry. Need to experiment more with portions, the bone is where the flavours at after all

11. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I now have to go and bleach my eyeballs to get rid of that image! :D

At the risk of prolonging the meat discussion...

Breasts are ok curried, but for stir fry or other stuff I much prefer thighs. The problem with supermarkets is that the breasts are usually in the 'offers' options whereas the thighs aren't.

12. Princess Haru

I'm relieved it hasn't descended into a posting of ring girl pics

13. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

You had to mention it

[​IMG]

14. Princess Haru

I just heard the bell ring:lowblow:

Moi's mention of meat had me laughing though (at least until I remembered all the ab work I did yesterday, hurty)

15. Moi

OMG I'm going to burst. I was going to say my eyes are bigger than my belly but then I lifted my T-shirt up :bang:

16. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

17. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Vomit@ ring girls. I actually once yelled at one 'Show some dignity please'. I paid to see Rosi Sexton fight, not to see another woman wiggle her ass right in my line of sight.

18. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

To an extent I agree but what if its what they want to do and they enjoy it?

19. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'm down with this! With us two we might need something to dim the glare from the spotlights reflecting off the top of our noggins.:D

Mitch

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Dem girls will be a swoonin'.

Frodo', you know you want to see it. Picture it. Haha, you did didn't you?:woo: