Nutrition

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by john yates, Mar 24, 2006.

1. john yates

john yates Valued Member

The question, Recommended daily allowance what is your recommended vitamin c for the day
    before you give me response to the question think it's not what you think, the correct a answer is in R D A

2. neb

neb Banned Banned

errr.... is it 2.7 oranges?

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

100%

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  4. john yates

john yates Valued Member

no you can do better than that,i have confidence in you

5. john yates

john yates Valued Member

okay 100% wats that no offense but 100% of the percent of what, look at the question you can do the :D

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

If we're playing semantics can you reword/structure the question, it doesn't read very well.

Are you asking 'What is your recommended vitamin C?'.

If so, I wasn't aware there were different types. But I suppose if vitamin B can have about 20 different variants, so can the other vitamins.

7. john yates

john yates Valued Member

Semantics

okay i am not playing semantics, how would you achieve your recommended daily allowance vitamin C IE the quantity. What do you think the correct amount is and should one follow the recommended daily allowance that is put on vitamin bottles or is this wrong. What do you think :eek:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I think you should maybe try restructuring your posts - they make very little sense
    RDA's are pretty out of date anyway, apparently. I'd suggest just eating some fruit every day and supplementing your diet with a good multivitamin to keep your vitamin C up to scratch

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

^^^ Ya, what he said. ^^^

And next time, take note of all the different forums we have here. The Q & A forum is for questions about martial arts. The H & F forum and the Traditional Healing forum are for questions about nutrition and optimal health.

10. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

500mg = 833% RDA from what my vitamin C supplement bottle thingy says (RDAs are kinda useless now-a-days, but that's another topic). Soooo anyways, back to doing some math! Just cross multiply 500/833 times x/100. I got about 60 mg. Hopefully I did the math right, but anyways, it's ok to take in over 100% of the RDA, especially if you're an athlete or more active than, well.. sedentary people. Keep in mind that my "calculations" were with the U.S. RDA. It could vary for other countries if you "go by the book". It wouldn't hurt to take more than 60 mg probably, just don't go nuts.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  11. john yates

john yates Valued Member

o

thank you for reminding me of which forums of what

12. john yates

john yates Valued Member

Sorry if my question was too ambiguous

Vitamin C most animals make it in their own bodies so they don't have to eat it. The exceptions are men, fruiteating bats, guinea pigs, read-vented bulbul bird.
    Most animals produce about3,000 to 16,ooomg per day, that's little different from the recommended daily allowance of 60mg. So we should be taking about 1 gram of vitamin C a day

13. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I take a minimum of 1g a day in pill form, and get plenty more from fruit. I take more on workout days, straight after exercise.