Nutrition Books

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Emil, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Not sure if this s already on here, but i can't find it if it is...........

What are some of the good ones out there? I own a couple - a reallygood one being The Comlete Gude to Sports Nutrition by Anita Bean, but I am looking to expand my library, so to speak? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Em

EDIT: In fact, if there alrady isn't one, why not make a collective list of good nutrition books?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I've had loads of success with precision nutrition by John Berardi. I've been on the program since early December and have gone from 208 to 194.5 (today) and enjoyed a significant energy boost, and have built lean muscle mass. Plus, I enjoy my diet about 70% of the time. The other 30% can be attributed to screwing up the recipes, and trying new ones that I don't enjoy.

Want to hear something disgusting? I make the nutrition shakes (usually have fruit, milk product, flax, protein and then dump a bunch of water into the container to knock the rest of the goodie off the sides and get it in mah belleh).

3. Taliesin

Taliesin Valued Member

I'm also a Berardi fan. ;)

If you liked Anita Bean's book, you should also like the very similar "Sports Nutrition Guidebook" by Nancy Clark.

4. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Thanks for that. I'll check him out.

Just ordered this from Amazon actually :p Looking forward to opening it.

I do that too lol. Much cheaper ;)

Thanks guys.

Em

5. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

"Never Gymless" by Ross Enamait. It's mainly a fitness book, but has a great section on nutrition.

You can only purchase it at http://www.rosstraining.com though.