Nunchaka

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Intan86, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

Hi.

I just want to ask which type of style actually teaches to use the nunchaka. A website that shows how to use it and maybe a demo of using nunchaka in a fight\defense is preferable.

Thanks. :Angel:

2. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

I believe dogbrothers.com has a clip of Nunchaku vs Stick fighting.

Lots of styles teach there use.

Kung fu, TKD, Karate, FMA, etc.

You need to find a school, not a style, as not all schools of those styles do.

Also remember they can be used for show OR fighting. The two aren't really compatible though.

3. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

Thanks, Andrew.

4. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

most styles do i mean some places its in the curiculem but at my place if u wanna learn a weaponn u just ask sum 1 that has studied it (u have to learn 1 fr ur second dagree ) um i have some books and vids on chusken u can get all kinds of stuff from century

5. dogfighter

dogfighter New Member

I would recommend doing a search for(Chakus3) to learn some moves with single and especialy double nunchaku.Chukas vol.#3 is the best tape on double chucks. If you want to see some of these techniques in use while sparring, you can see one of my fights with (top dog) Eric Knaus of the DOGBROTHERS. The video titled Vol.#2 "A GATHERING OF THE PACK" on the second series of tapes available through www.dogbrothers.com for about $30.00. There are clips on dogbrothers site also.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  6. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

Really what you have to remember when you take up a weapon style is that sure the weapon is powerful but it's really just an extention of the body and nothing more. I personaly believe that you shouldn't use weapons only disarming techniques. I realize this is kinda off subject but I felt it was needed.

7. Paul 1234

Paul 1234 New Member

Nunchaku Vid online

If you go to www.totalwarrior.com then click on the link to video clips, there are 100's of demonstration video clips showing you how to do all sorts of things, from a basic side kick to using the Nunchaku's. The video's are excellent and done in a logical manner at an appropriate speed. Shame there isn't one for using the Bo Staff, but hey.

P.S. if anyone knows of one for the Bo Staff..........

8. dogfighter

dogfighter New Member

total warrior

I am aware of total warrior.com. In fact Rick Tew and I were fellow classmates at DUX-RYU NINJITSU (Frank Dux) back in the early eighties. But thank you for passing on the information anyway. Rick has a very diverse school that offers much more than your garden variety dojo ever could. Dogfighter.

9. Vanir

Vanir lost my sidhe

After learning some of the "ceremonial" manoeuvres, you might want to check out some of the excellent publications on traditional use of the nunchakus as a weapon, such as the Okinawan karate sourced one I read once.