NUDDA Filipino Boxing Seminar Highlight

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Catman, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Catman

Catman Valued Member

Hi guys,

Dont know if you've heard of this system before but it is a different approach to Filipino Boxing created by Antonio Faedda..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy-yq9DjqnE&feature=feedu"]YouTube - NUDDA F.T.S. Program - For The Street[/ame]

Enjoy!

2. Gulogod

Gulogod Valued Member

Looks like domestic violence!:lowblow:

3. Jabby Mcgee

Jabby Mcgee Valued Member

Looks interesting, but Im not a big fan of the guard he is using. Leaves the torso waay to open, and practically renders one hand unusable in my opinion.

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I think you'll find it's originally a by product of JKD's Terry Barnett. Watch Terry who is his instructor and you can see a lot of Terry's trademarks all over the system.

I know Terry very well and I seen it straight away. So for me it's not really different.

Best regards

Pat

5. tonglonglengjai

tonglonglengjai Valued Member

Ok never met the guys so these are just a few thoughts.

Some of that stuff would not be classed as reasonable force and why don't you just run if you have the other guy down? unless its mulitple attackers and in that case you are screwed as you are spending you time striking the guy on the floor when his mates are standing?

That being said I know the place of drilling and playing manipulation of a persons body so in that sense it s good. Bit showy for getting your system across to non practitioners :)

Paul

6. Pat OMalley

A lot of things on the art side of FMA go past reasonable force. Using swords. Chopping limbs off etc. But then a lot of things in many martial arts go past reasonable force but as long as you instil in your students that you have to cease when the confrontation stops that's reasonable and you also have to show you students that you can flow past just a couple of techniques just in case the confrontation escalates.

Best regards

Pat

7. Pat OMalley

As a matter of fact and looking back on it I can see a lot of GM Bob Breen in it too and he was teaching us all this very same thing back in the 80's and I still do a lot of similar stuff now. Don't get me wrong the guy looks sharp but it's not something new or different more a reinvention of the wheel.

Best regards

Pat

8. shootodog

shootodog restless native

reasonable force? if attack any force is reasonable for as long as you stop him and prevent him from ever attacking you again! or is it the island heat talking? at any rate, "overkill" is part and parcel of the mentality.

9. tonglonglengjai

tonglonglengjai Valued Member

I have no problem with training every aspect and even working the overkill but I just don't think its a good advert for you and your system if thats the total sum of your video.

I also think that instructors have a great responsibility and we should aim to stay within the law when possible.

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk
    www.nemartialartsupply.com

10. shootodog

shootodog restless native

1. another reason for "overkill" is to get the mind ready to continuously attack and not stop at one hit. in real life many of the "one-hits" never reach the mark.

2. agreed that instructors should stay within the laws when possible. the art they teach however may seem cruel and unforgiving because it is.