Novice training log - 2 years to bench a truck!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Martial novice, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Martial novice

Martial novice Valued Member

Just a maintenance session on Friday following a tooth filling and not allowed to eat.

Friday B

Sets:
    Cleans: bar (10) +40kg 5x3 (felt much better after working up technique)
    Squats: bar (20) +77.5kg 1x5, +70kg 1x5 (didn't want to go crazy and still working on keeping the weight on my heels, not toes. Finding it hard to go deep enough,l so backed off the weight and just 2 working sets)
    Bench: bar (20) +40kg 3x5 (was jumping in and not changing the weight, but it fitted well with taking it slightly easier. Very impressed how easily I could blast out the weight that was impossible a couple of weeks ago, even 2 hours after my face was carved up a bit.)

Hopefully back on Sunday early enough to get in a Sunday workout, otherwise it will slide to Monday. I worry that I'm at the weights now where a lot more willpower is needed to finish the sets...

2. Martial novice

Martial novice Valued Member

So it slid into Monday...

A

Overhead: bar (10) +32.5kg 3x5 (form just about ok)
    Squats: bar (20) +75kg 3x5 (backed it down a little to improve form. Maybe one bad rep)
    Deadlift: bar (10) +95kg 1x5 (really felt the weight, but good form, good progress)
    Chinups: 3x[5,4,4]

While chinups have been annoying me, my good news is that at the weekend, reliable scales measured me at ....drumroll...14 stones! First time ever. Converts to 89kg. Note to self - need more male friends, no females thought this was a good thing.