November is MOvember!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jabby Mcgee, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Jabby Mcgee

Jabby Mcgee Valued Member

So who's doing it this year?

For those of you who don't know, Movember is basically an annual, month-long event involving the growing of moustaches during November, usually to raise money for Prostate Cancer research charities.

2. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Moi!
    I mixed it in with halloween and dressed up as a supertrooper to incorporate my 'stache and mirrored sunglasses :)

On a related note I saw what is probably the worst Movember poster ever. Had Ronnie from Jersey Shore bending over and said "Save an a**hole, grow a mustache!"

3. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

I would, but am just about to start a new job, I look a little seedy with a 'tache and don't want to make that particular first impression :(

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Yeah, I had the same conversation the other day. I don't look like a hipster when I grow a tache, I look like Freddie Mercury and that's not necessarily the impression I want to make either.

5. Jabby Mcgee

Jabby Mcgee Valued Member

Same problem here really, only I look like I have some deep involvement with human trafficking when I have a moustache. Still, it's all for a good cause....

6. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Once I'm settled in next year I reckon I'll be free to go with it, just hope I get to the end without too many patients complaining :D

7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I would except I no one would sponsor me to do it and while I have to shave every two days I still can't get past the scruffy hobo look

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I got quite a few friends who do this. Growing numbers every year. I unfortunately cannot grow a decent tache....its like a mix between Pedro from Napolean Dynamite and Fu Man Chu