Not the best example of self defense, but it was effective

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

So you never touch your accelerator while you pass this place? (The majority of vehicles will drift at 5mph if you don't touch the accelerator.) Just because it's a side street doesn't make it 5mph. You never mentioned that before, and we aren't mind readers.

If it's full of "pill poppers, drunks, and crackheads" why would you deliberately slow down at this location? That's just D-U-M dumb.

Face it. You either (A) did something stupid that you thought was cool and when you got a negative reaction you tried to backtrack to make it sound legit, or (B) it never happened in the first place.

You've got an awful lot to learn.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Now the real fun - the two stories back to back. Read the bold for the most laughs.

So in the first story -
    (1) Guy yells out "Yeah, you better waive [sic] and keep going."
    (2) SIB stops the car immediately.
    (3) SIB's brother gets out, confronts the guy.

In the second story
    (1) Now SIB never hears the guy yell.
    (2) He stops the car, asked what happened.
    (3) All of a sudden the car is moving on this ridiculous 5mph speed limit road again for his brother to jump out.

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Saved, seriously.......

The more you try to explain that incident, the deeper the hole you are digging in your credibility.

For your own sake, I politely suggest you just leave it be.

Just some advice.

4. ned

ned Valued Member

5mph in a dodgy sidestreet? Lucky you were'nt nicked for kerb crawling!
    (probably best to keep all your windows and doors locked too)

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

It's a SIDE ROAD in a small town full of pill poppers, drunks and crackheads..

Unless someone was looking to buy or sell..... :evil: :thinking:

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Maybe it's best that we don't make that kind of accusation eh?

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Indeed.

Sorry,

Not a accusation, but "another thought" of WHY would anyone go "slowly" cruising on a "side street" with this kind of activity.

Not pointing fingers or making any direct assumption

Simply, If I know a particular forest trail is loaded with bears, I will not be casually taking a stroll down it smelling like honey.

8. Simon

We know what you meant, now leave it alone.

9. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Cute fuzzy animals could be dancing and singing on the sunny country road and you don't want to flatten them.

Hey, it's in a lot of kid movies at least.

10. Simon

Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    Leanin to the side but you can't spead through
    Two miles an hour so everybody sees you

Will Smith - Summertime.

11. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

The inevitable. :p

Attached Files:

12. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

13. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

if you saw the area, you would know what I meant... i'm not going to try and explain it any further. If anyone cares to believe it or not I really don't care. I'm not here to impress anyone that it was some tough move and never made it out that way OTHER posters did that. Find one area where I said "yeah, I stopped because we're all hard here and want to show how tough we are". I'll wait. Otherwise try reading a little bit more, assuming a little bit less.

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

SiB,

I honestly am beginning to think you're your own worst enemy. If your stories are untrue, even partially, then you're ruining your credibility within this community.

If they ARE true, then you seriously need to rethink your approach to... virtually everyone. Because, soon enough, you're going to encounter someone in your neighborhood who isn't posing and is going to pull you up hard on your behaviour.

15. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

I do.
    Kids now a days need to get their mouths clapped for'the way they speak to elders. Have some respect or have a slap!

My 2 cents

16. Simon

Maybe you should define who you define as a kid.

In the UK we would define a kid as someone about 16 or under, so that's assault however you try and paint it.

So to be clear, are you saying you'd assault a child (kid) to gain respect?

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

They legally get another two years to get swatted here in the States (18 yo.)

Not that I anticipate my kids will be especially mouthy, but I trust I don't have to spell out how I'm going to react if someone ever lays hands on my kids in the way you describe, KK.

18. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ok then, that is the last time I try and help you or offer you advice for your own good. I see you don't take kindly to it.

I AM reading. Your constant changing and adjusting of your story is coming across badly. It is seriously hurting your credibility. But by all means go on with it if you wish. But don't say no one tried to warn you how it was coming across....

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Give me a reason to respect you beyond your parents having sex before mine and I will. Simple really. Plus considering the amount of crap I see older people giving my generation they don't have many other people to blame than themselves. Respect swings both ways.

20. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Its not about overt respect, its about treating every like a human, lots of people, young and old treat people they don't know terribly, its a little bit more common with younger people, as there trying to find their place the the adult hierarchy, and they don't all realize that their actions have repercussions.

But there's idiots of all ages.