Not an ordinary question (I guess) :D

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by G.Razvan, Sep 27, 2011.

1. G.Razvan

G.Razvan Valued Member

Hello. Ok, what I want to request is a fighter workout. Yes, I know, there are a lot of threads about this but I think is something special for me. BECAUSE I had a very bag argue with my MMA trainer (money jerk) and, after 2 years of MA (tkd and MMA) my city martial arts were done...
    BUT I DONT GIVE UP! Somebody invited me to train with him in the gym (free), so I thought that I can train my power,strenght,flexibility etc. specific for MA untill I'll go to college = new city = NEW MA SCHOOL! (YAY :) ). Another thing, I don't do MA for professional, it's a way that I like and helps me a lot.
    These are my plans now. I also do a lot of bodyweight training, I like very much the grease the groove way(but it's not the only). I'm kinda new in the weight training. I've read about Ross Enamait. He's very good. But can you advise me with some tips (knowing that about 3-4 years I can do only shadow boxing, " fighting without a trainer") about training, how to organize it, reps, sets, rest, diet, things like these.
    Oh! And one more thing! Do you think that if I attempt iron palm training AND recording myself doing it and showing it to you to correct my form, will damage my hands?
    THANKS!

2. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I'm going to refrain from giving you specific advice because there are much more qualified people out there, but I will say don't bother with the iron palm training. You don't really need to, and it's an easy way to damage your joints/ligaments.

3. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

What equipment do you have access to? What are your goals?

4. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

It's funny how everyone thinks that they're the "one person" that all those other beginner threads dont apply to =p.

I recommend Wendlers 531, buy the book and a gym membership. If you don't already know the proper form for lifts, read online and ask a trainer to show you. You can also post videos here so the more experienced litters can critique your form. Good luck!
    Eat right, train right, Die anyway!!

5. G.Razvan

G.Razvan Valued Member

We'll sometimes I feel special :)) Thank you for your advices :)