North Koreans punished for not mourning Kim Jong Il

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by StevieB8363, Jan 13, 2012.

1. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

We in the west should be thankful that we don't have to mourn the death of our political leaders. In fact, we can openly despise them.

2. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

I'm glad i can say that stephen harper sucks.

Those poor people - good grief.

3. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

The devil has Stephen Harper on speed dial :p

But yeah, to be honest, for most of the the denizens in NK, it's either mourn for a bad bad leader, or get severely punished. It sucks.

4. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Had to siggy that. :)

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It's just so immature. There isn't really another word for it. It's like a really big child bullying people he calls friends.

6. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Immature is not the word I would use. It's downright evil. :woo:

7. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

"No, Hitler. The BIG pineapple"

One can only hope...

:mad:

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Little Nicky?

9. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Oh, yes. Little Nicky. Cabinet full of pineapples and a French Maid outfit. And a perfect golf game.

10. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Ironic article from the Daily Mail, given that they'd probably recommend the same treatment for people who didn't show enough mourning for Princess Diana.

11. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

on a related note:

[​IMG]

12. Way to get people in the street to support you...
    We should all do this to have more attendance at our tourneys and events --- spontaneous cheering ! :D

OSu!

13. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Good reason to keep a couple of strong onions around the house.

14. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Those people know how to sell newspapers!

15. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

C.S. Lewis observed in one of his books that the sure sign of evil is something that avoids being comical only by being terrible.

[​IMG]

This guy ordering you to cry for his father or else would be the funniest thing ever if an entire government weren't willing to back up his threats.

16. And an entire people willing to accept what is being perpetrated onto them!
    It has happened before... USSR, China, Afghanistan, Myanmar, East Germany, Yugoslavia, Romania, Viet NAm, LAos, Cambodia, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc..., etc...

Governments are obsolete, get rid of them! :mad:

Osu!

17. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

18. TaekwonPRO

TaekwonPRO Valued Member

To be honest, I don't believe the stuff they tell us about North Korea. I will not until I actually somehow go there or see secret footage or something.

I realize it is a dirtpoor country (lol communism fail), but I doubt it's how they portray it here in the media as them viewing Kim Jong as a god. During WW2, they told us the same thing about the Germans worshiping Hitler as a god.

However, I second the Respect My Authoritah pic.

19. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

No, the people don't view him as a god. The government-controlled media portrays him as a god and the government makes sure that anyone who objects to that portrayal gets silenced. It was the same with Hitler. A lot of people aren't fooled; they're just afraid to speak the truth out loud.

20. TaekwonPRO

TaekwonPRO Valued Member

You left out the U.S :)

Most people I know here in Amerikuh have no idea what SOPA is and don't honestly care...some actually think it's good because it "stops pirates from pirating".