North Koreans Fire Test Missles

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by KageAkuma, Jul 5, 2006.

1. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

http://www.katu.com/stories/87382.html

That's from a local news station. If someone can find a more detailed article, please post.

Some scary stuff. I can confidently say that North Korea is more than likely the next place we'll be going to after Iraq.

2. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

I bet George Bush is signing the papers right now!!!! :bang:

3. MartialJac

MartialJac Banned Banned

Then it will be nice and safe like Iraq and Afganistan

4. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

i think the people of North Korea would like some help though, i always thought they were treat like prisoners

5. MartialJac

MartialJac Banned Banned

Yes but bombing the heck out of there country hasn't worked anywhere else. I am always told to at least try and finish 1 job before starting another. Maybe George Bush isn't the right person to help them, thats just what he will tell everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2006
  6. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

You do have a point there!!!

Well it keeps the arms makers busy at least

7. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

I draw a sentence from a Jim Davidson Stand Up performance (forgot which one)
    :rolleyes:

8. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

why shouldnt North Korea have the means to defend themselves against hostile western forces.

America keeps invading countries for no good reason therefore if you dont want to be invaded you need a deterant.

9. KaratekaAndy

Claim there's an Ebola outbreak - That's one hell of a deterant :D

Click here for info on Ebola

It eventually causes your body to burst, due to all the blood swelled up. Not pretty :eek:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

On the one hand it seems hypocritical for countries like the USA, UK etc. to tell other countries that they are not allowed to have nuclear weapons when we have them.

But on the other hand, trying to limit the proliferation of the damn things seems like a good thing. And it's the only way that we will ever be able to reduce our own nuclear arsenals.

11. KaratekaAndy

I agree.

Less Nukes = More Peace

But I can't help but think that without the threat of nuclear attack, countries like (pre-war on terrorism) Iraq would have been worse :confused:

12. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

At this point, to understand the world its easier to stick your head in the sand!!!

13. KaratekaAndy

It's been in the sand for the last 4 years - only surfacing to post on this forum and train in karate :D

14. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

exellent point,

‘We are looking at costs of anywhere between £10 billion to £25 billion to replace Trident. There are complexities over whether you replace the delivery mechanism as well as the missiles - all these unknowns.

In contrast the NHS deficits this year amount to £512 million.

surely there are better ways to spend our money than on WMD

15. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Why all the hostility towards the U.S? Maybe we seem like some sort of cowboy clowns to the rest of the world but damn! For all the time Clinton was in office we reduced military spending, increased dialogue with the rest of the planet, cut back on CIA, Pentagon, NSA, budgets and what did we get? We got smacked in the mouth over and over again by Bin Laden and other terrorists. It wasn't until we had an attack in New York that we did something. We have tried detente and what did the planet think of us back then? That we are weak and timid. I will grant you that this particular government may not be the brightest, fighting in 2 places at once, but the alternative is worse. To do nothing but whine to the UN about how terrorists are bombing things and killing our citizens abroad seems rather pointless. Yes, I think this country is slow to anger. I think some politicians shoot their mouths off. But at certain times, I think every nation will have stand up an say enough! Do you Brits hear Americans screaming about Toni Blair or your government's policies around the world? I haven't.
    I am proud of the relationships the the UK and US have established. I am proud of the stance that Toni Blair has taken and upheld. Even after the bombings in the subways he remained steadfast. Rant all you want about how wrong we are for fighting in 2 places and I am on your side but to treat the U.S. as a warmongering nation really gets my goat. I have friends and family that are currently on active duty overseas. I pray they are safe. As I pray for all soldiers, from any nation, that peace be realized so that no one need to die on foreign soil. We all know that mankind has a long history of death and destruction. Let us not bad mouth each other but seek solutions. Quite frankly I am a little tired of it.

16. KaratekaAndy

Let me just say that I have no problems with Americans, it's just Bush and his government I don't agree with. :cool:

17. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Lots of people think it's a good idea to lead by example

Viva la CND!

I caught it last night on the beeb, so turned to FOX News to see what was going on. I swear that channel needs to be shut down! After we got bored of what fox were repeating, moved on to CNN. Much better...

18. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I can understand that and thank you. Bush was fine with Afghanistan, stupid with his "Axis of Evil" diatribe, and idiotic with Iraq. But he is what we stuck with until '08. I am so afraid of what our choices will be then.... :(

19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Hi narcsarge,
    The problem is that most Americans do not know what is done in their name. If they did they would be so ashamed the would pull down capitol hill and the white house. All Americans get to see is the backlash from bad American policies.
    American Corporations run riot all over the globe but the US government does nothing.
    American government has no qualms about funding brutal dictatorships, destablising countries all for it's own interests.
    I am not saying that other countries don't do this but I am saying this is why America is hated and of course the bigger you are you more you are hated.

The Bear

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  20. KaratekaAndy

I would disagree with you there, Bear, most Americans I know are well aware of how things done in their name are giving Americans the image of an "overreactive" nation, when it is just down to a minority making bad decisions that affect the majority.