nooby question

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by ai_thum, May 18, 2007.

1. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

ok im very new at Northern Shaolin and it is crazy hard rite now there teaching me beginner step called(i don't know if im spelling this correctly)shing yee
    well i want to try this at home but i cant remember how to do all the step. do you guy have any video or website were it can help me out

2. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Shing Yee sounds alot like Xing Yi...

Got any links to your school?

3. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

i dont think it Xing Yi i remember think back when you guys started what were the first forums you guy lean oh there was stomping involved

4. beknar

beknar Valued Member

Hm. Well you're not going to compete next week are you? And you're not going to fight for the honor of your kwoon, right? So no big hurry. :)

Just go to class regularly and absorb what you can. Practice what you absorbed every day.

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Is English your first language?

Not many of us take northern shaolin. What style are you taking? There are many styles under that umbrella.

6. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

no English is not my first language

there teaching me very basic stuff like 8 palms and a little Tai chi and that shing yee which i still want to know and get better and it do you guy have any ideas what it relay call

7. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

Does it look anything like this?
    Xingyi: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-lDd-TId0"]YouTube[/ame]

Could also be Xinyi, which would make sense if the system comes through one of the Songshan Shaolin teachers (like the monks).

Do you know who your teacher's teachers were, or can you give some detail about your school?

8. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

Sounds like the 3 internal styles...

Bagua Zhang: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndY4jMB9w6U"]Sun Zhi Jun - BaGuaZhang - YouTube[/ame]

Taiji (tai chi), xingyi, and bagua aren't Shaolin styles, though a lot of Shaolin people have learned one or all of them at some point (particularly taiji).

9. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

Xingyi basics: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hsqCoh6Osc"]YouTube[/ame]

Also, you should know, things would look a bit different sometimes depending on what "lineage" the style has come through, or what sub-style it is.

10. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

yes that the one do u is there like a training viedo

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

You go to a Xing Yi class don't you?

Why do you need a video?

12. SirVill

SirVill Valued Member

Always best to learn from your Sifu or Sihing... you don't wanna develop bad habits.

13. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

so when did you start training in this style?