Noob Corner

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu Resources' started by xen, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

Sounds good to me :D

2. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

or spanked?

Dingo: You must spank her well, and after you are done with her, you may deal with her as you like... and then... spank me. Nuns: And me. And me too. And me. Dingo: Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good spanking. And after the spanking, the oral sex. Galahad: Well I could stay a bit longer...

3. letsrock

letsrock New Member

new question

hello all, I am new here and have been researching Ninjutsu for a while now. I have come across one thing that I was wondering. Is it true that free-sparring is not included in the curriculum? I have read that in a few places and was wondering; is is school by school? An organizational thing? or what? Thanks for your time.

4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

do a search in the Ninjutsu section threads, its been covered many time.

No point me rehashing the same stuff.

But short answer is that most don't spar in the sporting sense but most do Randori, sort of free from flowing attacks.

Do a bit of reading and then come back with any questions.

Saru

:)

try these for size...

Sparring and Taijutsu:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48513

"compliant" uke
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50680

UFC as Sport
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49679

The Limitations of Sparring as opposed to Alternative Training Practices
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53907

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  5. letsrock

letsrock New Member

thank you

That completely answered my question and thank you. I also wanna apologize for bringing up a subject that has obviously been debated down to the nub.

6. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

no problem, thats what this section is for.

7. speaktoalex

speaktoalex Valued Member

What do you do in Ninjutsu?

Hi, I've just found out that there's a ninjutsu dojo in my area :D So I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you tend to do in lessons? Is it mostly self defence, or do you do other stuff? Things like that!
    Thanks a lot!

8. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Your best bet would be to go along and see for yourself ;) Each teacher is different, it would be pretty hard to speak for another dojo...

9. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

As I said in the other thread:

If it's spelt NinjItsu, as opposed to Ninjutsu, then I'd run! The "I" spelling tends to be linked to er less reputable orgs.

You need to find out if the school is part of one of the X-Kans : Bujinkan, Genbukan or Jinenkan

For a more general idea I suggest you run some searches in the Ninjutsu forum. Read the resources there and then come back and ask some more. :)

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

see there was an answer.

we could tell you what we do in our training but that does not follow that it will be the same.

feet first, get there try a lesson.

11. Roflcopter

Roflcopter New Member

I just recently learned of this school in my area.

http://www.geocities.com/detroitbujinkan/index.html

Can anyone look at the site and see if you guys think it's a good school? It looks good to me because of teacher experiance and application system for new students, but just want to get some extra insight on it.

12. Shae

Shae Valued Member

Staff 6FT

I have recently purchased 3 new staff's. Two are competition, smooth, great, the third one is a traditional CANE staff, it has the ribs on it and is a bit thicker. Why is the Cane staff harder to handle? The size doesn't seem to be that much greater, but when I go into spins, it seems to be harder to manage. Maybe it's not weighted/balanced?

13. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

Hey i've been searching around for MA's around my area and found this place:

http://www.mars-nottingham.com/martial art school nottingham - ninjutsu.html

To me it looks very interesting and i will be contacting them 2morrow (a little late now lol) to join in a session and generally see what its like. Though i would appreciate any advice you can give on it? I mean to you guys does it appear to be a good place? is it a reasonable price? (if you click home then infos you can see the costs) and any other general things i should look out for on my starting session?

Thanks in advance :cool:

14. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

Looks good, just go alomg and enjoy yourself. The only advice I would give is don't wear a tshirt with your avatar on it as it could be taken the wrong way (bulldogs and Union Jacks can make some people uncomfortable). You'll need to train for a couple of months to see whether you are addicted or whether ninjutsu isn't what you're looking for after all, but the only way to find out is to give it a go!

Good luck.

15. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

Thanks a lot for responding! I was starting to think no one ever would! (But can understand why as i assume you get tired of the 'is this school good?' comments) On another note, i have changed my avatar, i wasn't aware it could cause offence to anyone.

So it is now Psymon (SSX series) :D

16. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Sirprised no one attempted an answer with this one.

It could be that the joints on a cane staff act as small air foils, thus trying to control the direction the staff goes, while you are trying to control it in another direction. That's why a smooth staff will spin and twirl more evenly.

17. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

No worries, there's nothing specifically wrong with Union Flags or Bulldogs but when put together they can give the impression that the wearer isn't overly tolerant of other races and cultures which obviously doesn't apply to you as you like martial arts from Asia.

I sometimes attend events organised by the British Motorcycle Owners Club and their logo is a bulldog in a Union Jack motorcycle helmet but it was designed by Belgian owners of British Bikes and isn't quite as imposing as the design tattoed on football hooligans.

Let us know when you start training and what you think after a few lessons.

18. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

Does this go for the Kukishin Ryu ringed staff too?

http://www.bugu.co.uk/

19. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

My first Budo Taijutsu - Ninjutsu lesson will be this tuesday here: www.mars-nottingham.com/martial art school nottingham - ninjutsu.html

Please hold the applause! but on a serious note im really looking forward to it, slightly nervous as i think all n00bs are on there first class day, but can't wait to get really stuck in to see what its like at that particular place.

Just wondering is there anything you guys can recomend to me? such as questions to ask or things to look out for? Just theres so much to do in nottingham and i read it could be months before i decide whether i like it or not lol.

I also took a look on http://www.ninjutsu.co.uk/training/graderecognition.html and the grading system seems really complicated can someone break it down for me a little?

The place is a 'Bujinkan Dojo' dont know whether thats good or not really but well yeah, it seems really good, seems to have a lot of what im after aswell.

Could judo possibly compliment this? Just im also interested in competition fighting and judo has a lot of comps, or would there be something better?

20. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Possible, but never tried one like that. However, the rings on that staff are uniform and even, a cane or bamboo staff usually isn't. If you look at the top of the wing on say, a Gulfstream, you see small airfoils that help stabilize the wing during turbulance and banking manuevers. Could be that these rings do the same while the joints on a bamboo staff, being irregular, do the opposite.

Could be I'm blowing smoke too, but that's my guess.