Noob Corner

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu Resources' started by xen, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Nr Noob, please search the web to find your answers and please do not relate our art to stuff in games and TV. Its unhealthy, there is enough info on here that should keep you busy for a month.

(see, held my tongue)

2. heretic888

heretic888 Valued Member

No, they're not.

The character he is referring to is called Raven (who bares more than a passing resemblence to Wesley Snipes as Blade). His fighting style is typical fantasy "ninjitsu", with lots of complex acrobatics, disappearing "teleports", and striking maneuvers more akin to Chinese martial arts.

Laterz.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  3. french fri25

french fri25 Valued Member

Ninjitsu, a complete martial art?

hey everyone, i am currently doing JKD which i enjoy but i am very interested in Ninjutsu. ever since i was little i always loved spying. me and my cousin would just sneak around the house all day and try to spy on people... they always knew we were there lol, but we were having fun. i always loved ninja movies and just thought they were the elite people in the world. ninjas were just people like no other. i just always loved the fact of being able to see someone and spy on them when they couldnt see me back. it was just the most interesting thing in the world to me. i also just LOVE all the acrobatics involved. climbing up walls and flipping down stairs. i also loved how the ninjas didnt just used their hands and regular weapons. they used grapplling hooks and the hand spikes to help climb and the throwing stars. the thing i love about ninjitsu and all traditional martial arts is the mental aspect. just the way they think. its so different from a reagular person, the way an educated martial artist speeks and thinks. anyway, theres a school neer me called Long Island Ninjitsu. there are 4 schools on long island i think and they say that they all teach traditional ninjitsu. the schools seem really nice. the main dojo in West Babylon dojo, which is like 10 minutes away from me is like the main dojo. it has 2 training floors and a full archery and shiriken range. it seems great but the website doesnt tell much about what they actually do. all i know is that they teach traditional ninjitsu and if that is so, then they should teach all the flipping and stealth maneuvers right? well anyway, heres the website if you want to check it out. www.lininja.com . please give me any information you might have on ninjitsu as a complete art or anything you might have seen on the website that might have caught your eye. i am here to learn as much about martial arts as i can so i truly appreciate any info you give me.

french fri25

4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

do a search on the ninjutsu threads and ask questions in the noob section.

:)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  5. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

harsh :)

6. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

typo!

7. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

I think we need to make a harsh sticky about this type of question.
    It is either someone who fails to use the search button or trolls that ask these type questions.
    Why ask this question in the first place ? If you want it answered go find a dojo and train, all you will get is OUR opinions here. If you are training already in an art you know as we do that you need to make up your own mind about this and you can't do that without training and for a reasonable time with a good instructor !

8. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

You question seems to be genuine so I will answer honestly...
    you're too girly and "soppy" to be a ninja...so you'll never cut it as a ninja. Now go away... swallow a frisbee and die.

Cheers
    ~Nick

9. garth

garth Valued Member

French fri 25 I think actually asked a very genuine question, bearing in mind that this person obviously has no experience or understanding of ninjutsu which comes over in his post. And yes he maybe should have carried out a search. But bearing in mind that this person is only 15 years of age, I really don't think that comments like

Really promotes the art of ninjutsu in the best way possible, and does nothing for the image of MAP. I'm sure someone out there has a list of links.

Saru1968 where are you with those links.

Gary Arthur
    www.to-shin-quest.co.uk

10. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

I think the original question was much worse for promoting honest ninjutsu and the answer was appropriate.

11. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Wrong, mate. Having trolls come on and post a ridiculous comment in which the ask one serious question wrapped in layers of stupid "ninjarisms" and people like you acting as if they are serious does nothing for MAP...

We in OZ have zero tolerance for things like that. If you don't like it...grab a number...its a long line.

12. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

I disagree, it can never be a genuine question it is open ended and can never be answered by anyone only an opinion given that will vary in accord with whom you ask it of . Our opinions are of NO use to him if he is genuine he needs to go form his own ! It is also phrased in much the same manner as many trolls phrase things .The poster also asked about certain dojo's, unless he is lucky to find someone from those/that dojo here how are we ment to give him the answers to what or how they train in that dojo ? If he wanted that Info he should have made that the name of the thread as that would have given him more chance to attract the attention of someone who may train there !

No crime being 15 we all were once but as part of our training is not being spoon fed answers one must learn to look for them yourself , I think he has had a good first lesson !

So your saying Map should become a place to pander to endless amounts of these question asked by people who post first and think second and don't bother to read any of the threads first then Garth ?
    As our training requires you to have both a sense of fun and humor, learning to also have a thick skin to insults and jibes and challenges etc so you don't act in a negative manner to such things, and to be able to walk away or endure such actions. I doubt this guy / girl will suffer any long term image problems over RT's comments that were made in jest and or to test his reaction to them . If he/she does well they would fail the Bujinkan guidelines then :D

Exactamondo ! So why did not an internet savy youngster not ask for them himself or email the dojo's concerned ?

13. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

8391N T3H L337 N1NJ4 J0URN3Y H3R3

0NLY TH3N W1LL Y0U R34CH TRU3 N1NJ4 3NL19H73NM3NT

83 STR0NG, MY Y0UN9 N1NJ4, 50 7HA7 Y0U MAY P4WN ALL!

14. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

Case in point to my comments below !

" fire&steel "
    " So your saying Map should become a place to pander to endless amounts of these question asked by people who post first and think second and don't bother to read any of the threads first then Garth ?
    As our training requires you to have both a sense of fun and humor, learning to also have a thick skin to insults and jibes and challenges etc so you don't act in a negative manner to such things, and to be able to walk away or endure such actions. I doubt this guy / girl will suffer any long term image problems over RT's comments that were made in jest and or to test his reaction to them . If he/she does well they would fail the Bujinkan guidelines then "

jibranwkhan has endured many such jibes etc like RT's comments on these boards and is learning about his misconceptions he brought with him and has not ever taken offense when he has been told that he is wrong or should keep his nose out of certain issues. To his credit !

15. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

yes, s you can see Jibran idolises me due to the fact he is the only kid who has come on here, asked stupid questions and survived me!!

I gave HIM a chance because he seemed genuine and a bit more special, this latest one is in a long line of people who are trying it on, isnt their a noob corner for his questions?

mine would have been "hi guys, 4 dojo's in long island, which one is the best to go to?"

the i would reply "this one"

http://www.tonryu.com/

that search took me less time than it took to write the whole post, ok lets not beat him up, but lets make lazy kids do some of the work, this isnt a nursery!!!

16. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

links?

17. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Not really I wanted to call it the Nob section, just for Greg, but Xen wouldn't let me :D

Right as you can see it's been moved to Noob corner so play nice guys!

18. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

I'm going to have to agree with Keikai & friends here - using google one can find many, many good pages on "ninjutsu", and even if one does not want to search, just reading the first five or so pages here in this forum should give anyone who is interested a good picture of what "ninjutsu" (and definitely not ninjitsu) is all about.

19. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

Okay, you moved that when I wrote that, Spooky... so to be fully "nice" - read the first 10 pages of the ninjutsu forum (and more, if you want to) and you will know what ninjutsu is about. :)

20. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

No worries Will :D

FYI my stance is if someone can't be bothered to read the stickies and intro advice then they can't moan if the get slapped a bit!

Noob corner isn't for questions that can be answered by doing a simple search but more for expanding on those questions and getting clarification wthout having to worry about the guard dogs :D