Nominations "Most Helpful Member" MAP Awards 2004

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kinjiro Tsukasa, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

The third category for the 2004 MAP Awards is “Most Helpful Member”. Has anyone here been of real assistance to you, in your martial arts journey, or otherwise? This is your chance to say "thank you" by nominating that person as "Most Helpful Member".

Post your nominations here. Remember, you can't nominate administrators or global moderators for this award, but topic moderators and other MAPers are fair game. Please only nominate MAPers who are current members with active accounts!

As before, one week to nominate, and one week to vote. This week, you can vote for "Most Informative Thread", here: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=353701#post353701

Read about the awards here:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23013

Let's have those nominations!

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Its gotta be my breaking-buddy JohnnyX :D

3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I'd like to nominate two people who always provide well thought out and informative posts that always make me think:

1. Kwan Jang

2. Matt_Bernius

Thanks guys!

4. jokerlaughsatu

jokerlaughsatu New Member

seconded

5. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

So many helpful people - I do seriously mean that... (unfortunately some are excluded by the rules of this game :( - but thank you anyway)

For her ability to stand back and look at the bigger picture (ref: journal posting on the differences/similarities between MA classes) - Mrs Out. Helpful can mean so many different things, and her big heart can be more use than 100 years of MA knowledge.

and secondly - when I see Thomas wade into a discussion I stop and read. His posts seem to work on the basis or 'fairly rare' but 'very significant'. *bow*

a quick check on eligibility, and if he is then I call on Gaskell - not because he is local, but due to his broad knowledge and good nature in helping anyone he can. (and still so young :))

6. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

I second Thomas and the nomination of Kwan Jang.

Also
    Pat the Cat OMalley
    ap Oweyn
    and SoKKolab

All are extremely knowledgable about their areas! And always willing to share!

- Matt

7. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

There have been so many people who are helpful but my vote has to go to Gaskell. He always is quick with a reply to any question and does his utmost to answer it fully, promptly and without making you feel like a total moron.

Thanks Gaskell! :)

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Woooo! 2 nominations for me already??!! :confused: :p :D

Cheers people!

*sees this going down to a tester battle already* :D

9. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

Gaskell was my first thought too, here's to you mate *cracks open a bottle of dog*

10. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Adam_McGuigan and KickChick together- the uber-health&ftiness geeks. :D

11. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'm nominating yoda for all the help he's given me with weights and my personality.

12. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

haha, personality! :D

I nominate Yukimushu for almost single-handedly posting all the best videos on the MMA forum and answering every thread! I would also like to nominate BeWaterMyFriend for being a fellow fitness nerd who has helped me out a lot since I started here.

13. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Oh yeah, Yukimushu, MMA forum-king. Seconded. :D

14. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Wait, KE, you have personality? Gee, you always seemed so humdrum and bland. :D

Thanks for the nod McG. I see it appropriate to second the nomination of Adam McGuigan (that may be the first time I've ever spelled out your whole name :D ), for stepping up to the plate recently with the topic mod position and even before that being quick-witted, quick-to-type, and quick-to-enlighten (and quick to tell more people to squat :D :bang: ).

I know there are so many helpful MAP members, but I'm only familiar with my little "part of the MAP world" in the Health & Fitness section. If KickChick's eligible, she definitely deserves it as well. And if she wins, she will again (and still) be the undisputed Queen of MAP.

15. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Remember! Globies and Admins cant be nominated!

Just to give the rest of us a chance ;)

16. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Thanks to those members who've mentioned me. :)

But as you know Admin. & GM's are not eligible for awards this year :( ...
    and so I'll have to relinquish my trophy to another helpful MAP member... :)

... surely does not mean that I won't continue to help when I can! :D

17. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Well, it came down to a CD-flip (I didn't have a coin handy), so Mrs. Owt gets my vote!

18. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Well thanks :eek: . I have actually considered myself more of a receiver of help than a giver - but I appreciate the thought! :)

19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Awwww, I got a mention! :eek:

I'm happy now, even if I don't win :D If only you guys and gal's could see the smile i've got plastered across my face at the moment! :D

20. ClumsyFoot

ClumsyFoot ITA - Intnl. TKD Alliance

Ditto, and likewise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.