No More

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tekkengod, Aug 14, 2007.

1. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

This, is my admission of defeat, my, resignation if you will.

Over the past few years, innumerable discussions, and many an hour spent speculating and contemplating, a solution to the problem, I have only seen the light bulb click on, a handful of times. I can count on one hand the number of times i have left a discussion, feeling as if ive actually accomplished something. having said that, my intention is not to be the jesus of atheism, its not to wave a hand and convince the world that we're right, they're wrong, I just want to help people, plant the seed of doubt, so that one day, via their own volitation, they come to their own conclusion.

I cannot have the influence i would like to have, sitting here, on an MA forum, talking with the same crowd of people, devoid of any credientials, or a real voice. i am a kid behind a keyboard right now. I want to actually do something to fix the problem, follow in the footsteps of Chris Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris. They've made it more acceptible to do so, so I will. Im kicking my future and my career off at the moment, so i have not the time, nor the energy to continue my fruitless campaign against religion here on MAP.

I have espoused standards of logic and evidence until my fingers were sore and i gasped for air. I want to produce a solution that actually helps to fix the problem, sadly that may not happen from any angle until we've spent 30 years in the middle east, until suicide bombings happen every other day, until fundementalists are presidents. No ones listening, or no one cares. Either way. I've done my part, contributed my 2 cents, my 1 buck and my life savings. I pass the torch to Topher and Strafio, Socrastein and Lljol.

I will still be floating around MAP, still comment once in a while, but i wont be the foot soldier for Atheism that i once was.
    ~Tekken~

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

You martyr you.. Can I get an amen! :D

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Amen!

Tekken, you will be missed! Your opinions and arguements have always been well thought out.

4. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

You "Pass the torch" to Strafio (et al)? I don't know if he can live up to your sheer brilliance. His mindless ranting and internet athiest rage has never held a candle to your well thought out, insightful, and logical arguments, which always sought to objectively look at both sides of every issue. Oh, how can he ever hope to follow in the footsteps of one so great as you? You, who are respected and admired by all--Strafio, who is a pariah on this forum. You who are knowledgeable and learned, Strafio who merely parrots what he reads in The God Delusion. You, who are clear headed and reasonable, Strafio, who posts in a fit of blind, delusional rage. What will we ever do without you? Thank God (oops, I mean "no one") you've passed the torch!

Just for the record, Tekkengod is on my ignore list, but I read his post because based on the thread title and responses, I thought this would just be too good to skip.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

:Angel: I think he's had a sign from God ;) :Angel:

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Hmmm, I must have missed that post. Got a link? :confused:

7. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

Same here.

I wish you the best of luck (do you belive in that?) with whatever you do; although, you seem to rush into things in a fit of rage, at times you produce well thought out posts.

8. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

This might have been the issue to begin with.
    "Once you have their full attention their hearts and minds will follow" waging war only tends to beget hostility.
    I did enjoy your posts in the atheistic ways, you were one of the more reasoned and educated of their breed :D.

9. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Ah Tekken, You have been fighting against the strongest of soldiers and the most tenacious of arguments...

Belief!

All that is needed for God to exist is Belief.
    Where belief exists there can be no logic to refute it else it would not be belief.

On that note I leave you with this:
    Everyone must believe in something.
    I Believe...

I will have another beer! :p

10. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

So, we get to hold you to this, I take it?

11. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

12. Moi

Make it a LITTLE RED CORVETTE and I'll convert :Angel:

13. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Woman in a lil dress dress and I'll convert :p :Angel:

14. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

put a woman in a little red thong and count me in :cool:

15. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

this

Attached Files:

16. wrydolphin

It appears some thirteen year old boys have wondered into your accounts. I suggest you show them to the door.

17. Moi

I'll load them all into my huge red trolly and take them home. ;)

Thanks for noticing

Attached Files:

18. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

:eek: sorry, but he started it

19. Moi

I quoted a Prince song, it was Wry that brought Michael Jackson into it. ;)

20. wrydolphin

That's it! Both of you to your rooms and no dessert!

Which means more fresh almond cake with date and orange syrup for me. ;)