No Gi

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by gornex, Apr 21, 2007.

1. gornex

gornex Valued Member

hey, just wondering what you guys where for your No Gi training.

2. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Cheap board shorts from Target and a relatively snug t-shirt that won't move too much. Most guys at my school wear something along these lines, although many splurge on a rash guard. I'll pick one up when I find one that's cheap.

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I usually wore gi pants and underarmor when I did it, though my gi pants tore and they became gi shorts.

4. mlan

mlan New Member

mt shorts and a rash guard

5. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

Board shorts and a rash guard. I sometimes wear a t-shirt over the rash guard, just depends on my mood.

6. Atharel

Atharel Errant

Mix and match of t-shirt, rashguard, board shorts, and gi pants. Hodgepodge!

7. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

Haha me too, when I tore my gi pants, they became shorts - have two pairs and counting at the moment. Damn washing machines in my apt are too rough

8. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

not a gi, i can tell you that much.

generally a long sleeve, mock neck rashguard and http://www.nogi.com/clothing/shorts/phantomshortpage.htm (or my other pair in another color). on gi nights, i wear the same thing with a gi over it.

i'm amazed at the number of guys who don't realize that if they wear a tshirt, it needs to FIT, for safety reasons. loose shirts == risk of broken toes for partners.

9. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

In training: warmups and a tank top.
    In competition: Bicycle shorts and a WMU Gamer's Guild T-shirt. I represent my people whenever I fight.

10. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Board shorts, rashguard and knackered old t-shirt.

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Rash guard, baggy shorts and various knee/elbow/ankle supports depending on whats broken that week ;)

12. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

LOL. That's like me! At the moment, its two knee suppirts, an ankle support and a wrestling headguard. :D