"No Gi Judo" Videos thread

Discussion in 'Judo' started by Done-Gone, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

To the O/P. Don't get me wrong the girl did well but by making such a big deal over gender means the next lad from your club to be beaten by one of the gentler sex is going to be in for ridicule.
    Isn't your way of dealing with the situation by purposefully losing an act of cowardice just in case she beats you for real?

2. Moi

The handcuffs didn't make it any easier either :love:

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Is true! :D

4. Moi

I really thought I stood a chance with you wearing them but.....:bang:

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Sorry! I was going to let you win, but that would have been patronising to you and demeaning for both of us! ;) :)

6. Moi

Yes Mistress :)

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Will you two get a room already?

And a laptop with HD webcam and high speed Internet connection!

8. Lau

Lau 8-bit power

I've mixed feelings about this video. On one hand it's nice n cute to see young kids at it at this age, on the other I get the impression it's more the parents wanting what it is they're doing (ref the boy keeps looking at what I'd assume is his Mom or Dad, obviously looking for approval). The parents shouting is downright annoying and only goes to highlight what bothers me.

I fully understand and appreciate your pride mate, no problems there and I'd feel the same way, but I honestly doubt these kids are enjoying the match. The boy throws the girl around, the girl gets in a few holds, they're even I'd say.

Again, I understand your pride. My boy of 5yrs old is attending Wushu classes with Daddy now and I couldn't be more proud of him. Would I let him to take part in a friendly match? Probably not...

9. Moi

QFT

10. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Haha :p

Oh oh, JC, coronavirus is reading your thread, better batten down the hatches :p

11. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Thanks Moi, good points.

If the guy were 80kg and the girl were under 50, I could understand making a big deal of it. But if they are about the same in size, strength and skill then throwing a poopstorm because the winner happened to have 2 X-chromosomes is just stupid. She didn't overcome some huge obstacle, she competed against an equal and won.

12. Moi

Equal?? Get real, he was a man! Please!!!

13. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

I assume that was sarcasm..?

14. righty

righty Valued Member

Just watched it and I have to say what the hell??

She's less than 5 years old, where is the encouragement in the calls from the sidelines, including you who I presume is holding the camera? At that age if you really care whether they win or lose as a parent then you probably shouldn't be there.

Where is the "come on Kimberly, you're doing well, keep going, you can do it"?
    Instead all I hear is things like "full mount Kimberly, full MOUNT. Get his BAAACKKK"

Fostering a competitive nature like that at that age is not doing the child any favours.

Where the hell wes the ref too? The boy was obviously tapping and whether or not as a ref you see an obvious submission you should always stop the fight, regardless of whether it's a submission match or not.

Although if I was fighting a guy with that haircut, I'd tap him out too. Then fix it for him.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  15. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Im sorry for my bad. Its on now.

Look for the nut in the red shirt at the end of the match. Thats me.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  16. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

A failed attempt at humour, obviously.

Im NOT talking about letting some one actually beat me. In real life that would never happen because men and women dont compete against each other in sport, usually. Im referring to taking it easy against a weaker or lesser opponent... male or female. I let all the kids who challenge me in competition to (1) throw me, (2) choke or armbar me, (3) beat me, yes beat me. If Im wrong for doing so, I dont wanna be right.

17. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

(1) I apologize for such bad choice of title for the thread. For that, Im truly sorry.

(2) Good judo teacher? Nope, just me. :rolleyes:

Matt Klein: I apologize to you for my offensive comments toward you, not my intent at all. Im sorry.

18. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Thank you for understanding, I appreciate.

Even you say? The boy tapped out 3 times... how do you figure its even?

19. SenseiMattKlein

SenseiMattKlein Engage, Maverick

I fully accept your apology, and also understand your position. How could you as a coach not have pride in your students? I am not easily offended although many have tried. lol. For what it's worth, I am inspired by that little girl's technique.:cool:

20. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

I made one comment about letting a girl win and suddenly Im a chauvanist pig who is demeaning to women, and has NO self respect. Thank God for FREE speech and the right to have your own opinion. I thank you all for your comments, even if I don't agree with you, and you don't agree with me.