No-Dachi

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Tatsumaru, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Does anybody know if you can actually buy No-Dachi swords, cos they are extremely cool. I'm just not sure whether they are actually still made anywhere as they were mainly in use only during the height of japanese samurai warfare period as far as i know....

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

3. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

What Japanese sword art do you practice?

4. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

5. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

anyone who says "extremely cool" shouldn't own a sword :p

6. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

hey I say ....wait i dont say "extremely cool" I say "ow damn that sharp" or "ewww thats sick" with and evil grin as I think about ..... any ways All I can say is "spoon" :D

7. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

I was thinking that same thing as I read that!
    :D

A quote from his profile:

Biography: i am training for brown belt in ju-jitsu in england at the moment, i am very interested in all info on weapons (except boring ones like Tonfas and nunchaku)

I think your just someone who likes sharp weapons because they're cool....which is not why you buy a sword!

8. Cloud-uk

Cloud-uk New Member

No one who dismisses the nunchaku as "boring" should be allowed a weapon.

9. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

OK fine i am clearly not worthy of owning a no dachi sword, but still give me the info.......for my mate big dave....

10. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

And what No-dachi art does he study?

11. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Hey I think chucks are boring. But still even if we gave you info on Nodachi I doubt you could afford one. AS I dont know of any place that mass produces them so you would have to have on made custom in either the US or Japan and all the smiths I seen that do custom work charge like $50 an inch.

In my thinking it would be wiser to ask for info on the art of the nodachi rather than looking for one right off the bat.

12. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

I agree.

13. shonuff

shonuff New Member

E-mail Bugei.com. Don't waste their time unless you have the money. THey make custom blades if you ask nicely. At least that's what I heard.

They carry a double bladed tachi sword. Sweet.