nissan micra c+c

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by karate princess, May 10, 2006.

1. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

i just remembered in my mock gcse's we had a piece of english language on the micra c+c designed for women for a few reasons:

1. once you turn the engine off (at night time when your lights have been on) the lights stay on for an extra 2 minutes, and they say this is so that you can find your way to your door and not feel intimidated by the dark.

2. when you want to unlock your car you dont have to use the keys if you cant find them, you can unlock it by a button or something that you keep on you. this would be handy if some one was chasing you and you wanted to get into your car quickley but couldnt find the keys

does anypne else think that this is a good idea?

2. Yama Tombo

Yama Tombo Valued Member

To unlock the doors by remote you have to be in with in so many feet of the car for it to work, like 35 - 50ft to unlock the door or pop the truck or sound the alarm.

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I think it's a step in the right direction. Ultimately you want a computer-controlled car that senses you are in danger, drives to interpose itself between you and your persuer and opens the door on your side for you. Allowing you to scramble in before whisking you away to safety whilst spraying caltrops on the road behind to prevent further persuit.

4. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

if only... :D

maybe in a few hundred years though?

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I thought they already had one of those . :D

6. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

The lights staying on has been around for awhile.
    I think ford have a better idea for the lock/unlock system , as long as the key is in your pocket or handbag there's a button on the the door that will unlock the vehicle and once inside you don't have to insert the key , there's already a "dummy" where you would expect the key , and as long as the key is on you the car will start :D

7. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

This thread is all about some James Bond type crap eh?

I'll buy that car only if it massages my ass in the midst of the getaway.

8. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

erm most cars have remote locking theese days my past 3 cars have the key as an intergtarted remote control for central locking and alarm.

9. ryanTKD

ryanTKD New Member

I studied that advert for my year 10 English exam, did okay, my teacher made a very interesting point: it looks like the picture of the woman at the door had been taken by someone stalking her. Another weird thing about the article is the language used to describe the women, what woman calls their mate 'leggy'? And those rediculous joined to gether words... Do you speak Micra? No and I'm glad I don't!

Weird, huh?

Don't like the car, nice features though.

10. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Hey KP, all of the safety features that you and others have noted here all help. The biggest safety feature you have is "awareness of your surroundings". No matter what the vehicle can do or has, if you park it in the far corner of some dark lot or street, not a great idea for man nor woman. In the street survival classes I used to be a part of this 'awareness' teaching makes a ton of difference. We can not forsee every bad situation but you can eliminate a lot of potential problems by knowing your surroundings and planning for possible problems. :D :Angel: