NINJUTSU TOPIC WEAPON HAND TO COMABAT

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by blackswordbilly, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

He obvisouly has a Santa fetish.
    Ho ho ho!

2. Tsukaneru

Tsukaneru Valued Member

I think he got the Godai from the names of the Sanshin forms didn't he?

3. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Kind of.

I think he just misunderstood or deliberately misconstrued it.

4. gapjumper

Then 'tis but our sacred duty

5. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Actually, I believe he still does teach his interpretation of Bujinkan training. He just isn't sanctioned by Japan anymore in doing so. And it's predominately a black belt training type of thing from what I gather.

Haha. "Crimes against the English language." Oh even the mods are smart asses on MAP.

6. gapjumper

A "black belt training type of thing"?

Not sure I understand what you mean.

And gather from where?

7. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I mean I believe he still teaches a lot of his senior students the old Bunjinkan methods as he interprets them. And gather from someone I know who until recently still studied under SKH.

8. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Good point and something that needs to be understood and can't be emphasized enough. He has always done so and this is an important distinction. It is very different from saying, "how the arts were/are taught." In fact, when is the last time he received training in these arts? Of course, if he had the Japanese rankings in the Takamatsuden it would be a different story.

9. TR McKelvey

TR McKelvey Valued Member

Wouldn't you say it is the case that everyone who teaches the art is teaching their interpretation? My experience has been that even among the Japanese shihan, one would find different spins, even when teaching the Kihon. Same basic techniques, but often a radically different "flavor".

10. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

If you mean that as humans we mimic and interpret what we experienced as a way of learning, I concur with you. However, that is where the resemblance ends. A master painter who draws circles a certain way but can still make a perfect circle is very different from a person who went to art classes but could never make a circle so he started calling ovals circles to compensate.

Every time the argument about the differences between the Shihan comes up, I wonder if people can't see the league of difference between someone like Hayes, and the Japanese Shihan. That's comparing apples to oranges. People with certain levels of understanding(ability and technique), who have passed certain levels(certification), can have differences that are all right based on the two criteria above. They should not be compared to people at much lower levels who lack either or both of the above.

11. TR McKelvey

TR McKelvey Valued Member

Overall, I think we agree. I would take your analogy and say in the Bujinkan, we have 1) one who can draw the perfect circle (Hatsumi), 2) a small group who can come very close (the Japanese shihan who have trained with Hatsumi for decades), and 3) all the rest of us whose circles vary from egg shaped to nearly being straight lines:)

I often think alot of us in group three aren't even qualified to tell the difference between a line and an ellipse, let alone whose "circle" is better than another's. And frankly, I can't be sure that comments from those in the upper two groups can be depended upon to be fair, impartial, and objective.

I can't draw a perfect circle, but I can apply techniques to determine how close a shape comes to being a perfect circle, would that a fair, impartial, objective metric existed for evaluating taijutsu:)

Terry

12. Phil Elmore

Phil Elmore Valued Member

Forgive the late commentary, but for those wishing condensed and delayed closure, I can offer this:

"Blackswordsbilly," aka "Blackswordshinobi," aka Billy Crepeau is a resident of Elmira Heights, New York, where he resides with his common-law wife. While I can't say with certainty that both are wards of the state in some capacity, it is a possibility. Mr. Crepeau has no visible means of support and does not report to any employer of record -- at least, he has never indicated as much. Last summer, Mr. Crepeau spent several months living in a tent on the lawn of a home into which he subsequently moved, after he and his girlfriend were evicted from their previous dwelling:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWHQ9DdGltE&"]BUSTING GRAY RABBIT SLANDERS LIES BLACK SWORD SHINOBI BLOG - YouTube[/ame]

Recently, the Elmira police found the remnants of a meth lab in the basement of a home in which he and his girlfriend reside. These materials were officially explained as the property of the former occupants of the duplex, with whom Mr. Crepeau appears to have had some kind of ongoing dispute.

http://www.weny.com/news-local.asp?ARTICLE3864=9162449 <-- news article

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT0uDsE8Gp4"]BLACK SWORD SHINOBI DOJO TWO DAYS OF HELL - YouTube[/ame] <"Blackswordshinobi" comments on news article

At various times, Billy has claimed to be in contact with Stephen K. Hayes, to be arranging to become Sensei Hayes' student, and to have a black belt that he says he acquired through a home study course sometime in the 1980s. To the best of my knowledge he does not and has not studied under any legitimate instructor in any commercial setting. He does not now, nor has he ever, trained with SKH.

Billy's YouTube videos include clips in which he claims to have manufactured "[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtEsyZNLjk8&feature=plcp&context=C4ba6d60VDvjVQa1PpcFNPELaDsWriVOTkq3tOA6FnPp561DyoTPU=]black powder[/ame]" (which he displays on camera) and, more recently, in which he admits to having been thrown out of a local archery range (a commercial establishment) while trying to shoot his compound bow there:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twFDnuitVk&feature=plcp"]MISS HAPPEN AT RANGE - YouTube[/ame]

Despite Billy's claims to the contrary, he does not own firearms of any kind and, if I conclude correctly based on the available evidence, probably would not be permitted to purchase a long gun in any retail establishment. He certainly does not possess a New York State pistol permit.

Billy does regularly carry and wear a variety of inexpensive bladed and "ninja" weapons, however, and has proudly displayed the bootleg DVDs from which he gleans his "tactical" training. He is, as has been stated previously, a close associate of Dan Bowen and, to a lesser degree Jason "Mountainous" Stork, as well as several other YouTube and Internet ninja personalities.

Mr. Crepeau's e-mail account was shut down by Hotmail after he made a series of explicit death threats to me. His previous YouTube account, "KISSRDBC," was shut down for similar reasons. That is the reason I am in possession of this information, all of which can be assembled from watching Mr. Crepeau's videos and reading (insofar as that is possible) his forum postings.

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Welcome back Phil!

14. shootodog

shootodog restless native

explains a lot. thanks phil!

15. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Like a boss, thanks mate!

16. blackswordshino

blackswordshino Banned Banned

this blackswordbilly wasn't me sound like phil elmore play with your heads trust me

17. blackswordshino

plus didn't write that post

18. blackswordshino

NINJUTSU TOPIC WEAPON HAND TO COMABAT this topic was hacked kissrdbc was one my accounts but phil elmore never tall you truth

19. Phil Elmore

Phil Elmore Valued Member

You really need to learn to stop bringing me up in conversation, Billy.