Ninjutsu Styles ?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by natxanadu, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I've been training 21 years. And you? Who is your teacher? Who is/was his? Or have you totally confused an RPG for reality?

2. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Once again, this is definitely a made-up history for an RPG realm. Quite creative, actually. :D But Kage-san...this is not real life history. This is made up for a game.

3. jbm

jbm New Member

Yeah there is a popular game out on ps2 called shinobi.:D

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHH!!!

Sorry, I thought I'd stumbled unto the games thread there for a second!

Col

5. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

You're right Freeform, if I had not been following this thread I would have thought the same thing. His "history" sounds just like an advertisement for a game.

See you in less than 2 weeks Josh!

6. Noryoku-Kage

Noryoku-Kage New Member

i was joking shinobi was some kind of theif our royal spy that wasent seen by no one they was so good that they was invisible

7. jbm

jbm New Member

I beleive you should have put that on the jokes thread, Being that you have wasted everyones time and energy. But I hold no grudge against you, apalogies excepted. :woo: :D

8. havoc123

havoc123 New Member

I have been triaing in Genbukan ninpo for only about 3 weeks but i am very compassionate about what i do, any way i was wondering what is the difference between the ninpo styles. I mean is there any real self-defence or tecnical stuff or is it just the different family heads?

Also how do u edit ur signature... pathetic right, lol

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  9. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

1. you can edit you signurate in your user cp
    2.Where do you study? I am in New York or Maryland (depending on the time of year)
    3. Genbukan, which I study as well, it is an off shoot of the Bujinkan system. He left because of the "Micky Mouse" Hatsumi has become with giving away ranks, and he has very little control of his sysetm so the majority of the Bujinkan Dojos out there are crap. Genbukan techiques are more traditional and truer to the ancient Ninpo. We also train harder. Tanemura Sensei still has a lot of control over the system and Shodan is Genbukan still means soemthing. Unlike Bujinkan who has a few Shinhans is every city.

10. waya

waya Valued Member

That's quite a bold opinion.... But to the best of my knowledge, there are no Americans who have yet been given the title of Shihan... And there are not (and this is fact) high ranking instructors in every city (closest to me is 200+ miles and he is under 3rd Dan). Also, have you ever experienced Bujinkan training so that you can form a serious opinion (especially one so blatantly insulting)? While everyone is entitled to an opinion, blatant insults are not acceptable. I believe an appology would be in order.

Rob

11. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

actually I have had 3 months of Bujinkan Training. I never comment about an art I never expirenced.

When I was in the Baltimore Area I was in range of about 4-5 10th dans. and a lot of their student were 3rd dans and higher. In addition within a hundred miles or so was 2 or so American Shihans. So that were my expirence comes from.

That expirence has only confirmed in me that Genbukan is the only true way of the ninpo warrior.

12. pest

pest Occasional Poster

i heard that Shinobi is another name for Koga...is this true? what is Koga?

13. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

I can't believe the threads have digressed back to X-kan bashing yet again. Funny how much the old "Genbukan is more true to ancient ninpo" opinion comes up. Now, this is obviously a matter of opinion, but do recall that ninpo was and still is ever-changing and made to adapt. Thus, there is no true way of conforming to the way ancient ninpo was. Besides, Tanemura simply teaches in the old style that Hatsumi-sensei used to. He was a student of Soke Hatsumi's before he broke off so he had to get his material and teaching style from somewhere. Now while we in the Bujinkan are encouraged to simply adapt to a situation and applhy principles, the Genbukan members seem to stress sticking to technique and using a more aggressive nature. Genbukan is not, however, characteristically harder in its training. It all depends on where you train. For instance, our good friends in the Bujinkan down south in the grand ol' state of Texas might be able to tell you what hard training is all about. Up here in Pennsylvania, my training with Papa-san is more geared towards light touch and such. Helps one to learn to lose tension, which I feel is greatly important above almost all else. It's all a matter of opinion. Of course, if I want hard training, there is a Bujinkan dojo that is 15 minutes further from me than Papa-san's so don't say that Genbukan dojos train harder. This would be too big of an assertion for you to back up.

As far as crap instructors, yeah, every art has them. I've always said to search out a good instructor. Make the effort. I'm happy where I am. I don't worry about how many bad instructors are out there. I'm only concerned with the ones that I train with, which happen to be great. Ah well... Just my usual rambling. Jaa mata.

14. Kat

Kat Valued Member

SlientNightfall, I agree,Ninjutsu Bujinkan and Genbukan within Australia also seems at the bay of Political Arguments/bitching and wingeing much to its determint as a style.

I have had experience with Bujinkan through W Roy when I was younger then Bujinkan "proper" then a Genbukan Rep.I beleive each one taught an excellent practical method and principles of self defense and more,but the main simularity was their common need to bitch about the other organisations.So as an individual who can't stand that sort of sh it, I went back to Wreslting Boxing and Bjj,sure its not the same,but the boys just do it,and don't care where you come from.
    Its sad to see a Jap TMA go the same way as many Chinese TMA and dissolve into Lineage wars.
    In the end its up to the Individual to feel comfortable about his needs and goals and finding instruction that is compaditble with this. You have to make it work for you.
    No offense meant,opinion of someone not intensely involved with any particular Xkan.
    Thanks

15. |-KINJO-|

|-KINJO-| Valued Member

-->

I would like to know, the location of this ninjitsu school. can anyone provide me with further details of the school in Singapore?