Ninjutsu Styles ?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by natxanadu, Aug 24, 2002.

1. natxanadu

natxanadu Banned Banned

Bujinkan, Jinenkan, Genbukan, or To-Shin Do

any comments on the various pro's cons of the various Ninjutsu Styles ?

2. waya

waya Valued Member

hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Ok, To Shin Do is, in my opinion, basically Bujinkan under another name since that is Stephen Hayes' training. Genbukan I have heard some fair things of, but no direct exposure. Bujinkan I have exposure to and am still training although currently it is sporadic, but it is a very effective art.

Rob

3. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

I do Ninjukai Taijutsu - a derivative from the teachings of the "mountain freak" fighting monks of japan (the earliest reference to ninjas I think).

The art has been pieced back together from books, scrolls and direct teaching. It as a living art is constantly changing and after many years of training effectively results in a personalised fighting style.

Sadly there are only Dojos located in Japan, Singapore and here in Perth Australia.

When Japan was taken over by america and with the breakdown of the samuri class the then grand master moved to singapore to continue his teachings without interference. He taught the singapore military hand to hand combat for a while and later Shihan John Ang brought it here to Oz.

Thus it escaped the americanization brought into many of the japanese arts.

4. khafra

khafra New Member

So, if I wanna do it Yamabushi style, I have to go down under? Man... That's a long bicycle ride.

5. Solane

Solane New Member

Have a look at the "Doa3" & "Genbukan Bujinkan xxxkan" threads for links and explanations of the above.

6. SliqueRICK

SliqueRICK The Internal Boxer

the one i like most is a mixed art derived from sensei tews training in many arts including ninjitsu actually its a martial science www.totalwarrior.com

7. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Actually, Mr. Tew has no training in any form of legitimate ninjutsu. He does, however, claim to teach an Americanized form of ninjutsu, which basically means it includes no real essence of the art. Again, I've training in Tew Ryu for a period and so I know both the background of the art and its teacher. But I also said it was a decent art compared to many in another thread.

8. jbm

jbm New Member

Yeah ive seen that tew ryu stuff on that site an it doesn't look to bad but i would rather learn the true japanese ninjutsu straight from japan.

9. SilentNightfall

Then you'll definitely want to go with one of the "X-kans" then. Personally I'd recommend the Bujinkan as that is the path I chose with a variety of different reasons behind said decision. All three, however, are authentic ninjutsu.

10. jbm

jbm New Member

arent their 9 bujinkan styles and if so are they completly different or are they somewhat similar? What is their reason for making all those styles under the same name?

11. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

There are nine schools within the Bujinkan. Hatsumi is Soke (head of family) of nine schools of martial arts, 3 of them being actual schools of ninja arts. Bujinkan translates (roughly) into "Training Hall of the Divine Warrior". As for his reasons, only he knows for sure, but don't you think it's easier to say "I study in the Bujinkan" instead of "I study -----list all nine schools here--".

12. SilentNightfall

As stated above, there are only three really true "ninjutsu" schools within the Bujinkan, though eight of the nine definitely have ninjutsu in them due to their lineages and the like. Then there is one "pure" samurai school, which is the Takagi Yoshin Ryu. If you'd like to know how the schools are interrelated and have come to include ninjutsu in their curriculum, with the exception of the above mentioned samurai ryu, I will take the time to post it here, however you may not fully understand such with no prior knowledge of the Bujinkan system and it's nine schools.

13. Noryoku-Kage

Noryoku-Kage New Member

did you guys try the top level for ninja training the shinobi style its hard but the result is good

14. SilentNightfall

I'm interested in why you apparently believe that this "Shinobi Style" is above all other forms of ninjutsu available today. Are you saying that the training involved is much more comprehensive than that of any of the "X-kans?" If so, why is it that none of us have ever heard of this so-called shinobi art? :rolleyes:

15. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Shinobi Style isn't real, that kid made it up. See the Thread titled Shinobi style. Probably one of the Real Ultimate Power Freaks that like ninjas way too much. Hopefully none of us with flip out and kill him, considering according to him that is all ninjas do.

16. SilentNightfall

Yes, I already addressed this in the Shinobi Style thread. I merely wanted to post something here to make sure he saw my reply. And what do you mean ninja aren't supposed to flip out and kill everyone? You mean we're really not? Oh crap...

17. Noryoku-Kage

Noryoku-Kage New Member

hey guys shinobi are simple ninja like you but they have an harder training its only that

18. SilentNightfall

Harder training? How so? Care to explain? And just wondering, but how exactly do you know how hard we train? On top of that, do you realize that there is no difference between the shinobi and the ninja? They are the same thing. Just two names for one entity.

19. Noryoku-Kage

Noryoku-Kage New Member

yeah but here are the story of the shinobi

History:

Long before Hiteh's Night, the ancinet empire of Aurim ruled most of
    Taladas. Though its culture differed from that of far-away Ansalon, much of its government was similar to the feudal system, with the various noble families known as the Samurai. The Taguchi Family had long held its position as a valuble Family in service to the Emerald Throne through its sophisticated intelligence system, a system that operated openly for 400 years before the War of Taguchi's Honor, sometime around 650 PC. The defeated Taguchi Family, and their allies, were defeated. The leaders of the Taguchi family and the other rebellious lords were executed, with those of the Tagughi line given the worst punishment in the Empire: Death unto the Third Generation. The Taguchi lands were seized and divided among the Emperor's staunchest supporters, with the family being exiled from the Samurai caste and forced to become Eta, the lowest class among the Empire's citizens. Their secret agents, the Shinobi, were also ordered to surrender themselves and all their secrets to the Emperor's forces, but only a handful came forward or were captured. The rest melted into the background and became lost to history.

But the Shinobi survived. Their secret arts and remaining allies in the other families protected them until they merged with the shadows of the underworld and disappeared. Through oral history, recruitment and clan isolation, the Shinobi continued as they had before, with a new emphasis on the warrior arts to defend their obscurity and commit assassinations, a profitable business. Their knowledge of Illusions and the myth of their terrible wrath and skill also helped their survival. They continued to exist in their covert world, and always held a special hatred for the Emrald Throne.

20. Noryoku-Kage

Noryoku-Kage New Member

how long do you train