Ninjukai Taijitsu - An Insiders Perspective

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by nostromogremlin, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Ladder

Ladder New Member

The concepts are very similar, eg fighting on all fronts. But the reality is very different. Ninjukai has great philosophy but 99.9% of student leave it at a theory level. Even (especially) the teaches who teach these concepts dont have a clue how to implement them. This is very true with the shihan, he is very well read and gives his student the impression he know when he doesn't, this is imitated with most instructors. In fact half the job of being a high level at ninjukai is giving others the impression that you know when you dont.

No basics are taught at ninjukai, a month at a boxing club will make you as good a striker as the black belts. You learn so many things at ninjukai but when you are against a resisting opponent none of these 100 things work. You would do well to read about "aliveness" training in MMA.

I find it very surprising that you havent heard of Tim and Yari, i presume you are quite new to the art. The are 2 of the 3 current sensie. They are still on the ICP list. Do not be fooled into thinking that anyone at the dojo knows how to fight except these two. Others will act like they know but are really just people who pretend to be great ninja warriors like behind the mask.

You sound like you are new to Ninjukai 27, as well as the MA scene. That you are interested in concepts of practical fighting not being a ninja. If you are keen to talk to someone in person to give you a more realistic view of your art and MA/MMA in general i would be happy to point you in the right direction.

I am very interested in multiable attacker sparring too. But after 6+ years i was never taught anything of use in that area. I have never found any where that teaches it either. I think it is an important skill, but one that you most develope your own drills and practices for.

Sorry if i have not answered your questions completely but feel free to ask more and i will try better next time.
    If you have more questions

2. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Really? do you think that? from the photo's i have seen ninjukai looks like a pile of puke...

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Diplomatic as always, eh Nutjob? :D

4. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

cant help it sorry, it really is dire, i mean its worse the Bryce Dallas's lot, at least they tried to make up its origins.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

My god, that is dire.

6. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Look on their website for the papers for suing e-budo including unnamed others (which was me and a few other people form the UK). They even went as far as claiming one of their ex members has a penchant for young girls. It's all finger pointing and things like that but Dallas has been proven wrong in so many ways it's more of he said they said type of thing.

7. *27*

*27* Valued Member

Really? What about body truning and positioning, multiple bagwork, and circle of death kind of sparring?

Please tell me what other multiple attacker drills and practices you have come across? I'd appreciate if you describe them in depth so I can do them myself.

I know Krav Maga and Choy Lay Fut Buk Sing Gwoon have a multiple attacker focus. You can check out the latter at www.chinesekungfu.com.au, and I know there is a Krav Maga school in Subiaco.

Thanks for the hint about aliveness training! I'll look into it.

8. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I doubt multiple attacker theory explained by ladder saying is not valid. For my Nidan test it was a 2 on 1. It just makes you aware of where other things are. You could say it is Jikaku (may be wrong in that respect) but it does make you aware that having more than one person in a situation does give you more of an idea of what could be.

9. Ladder

Ladder New Member

By "body turning and positioning" i presume you mean green belt footwork, next to useless. Multiple bag work, the combos you are practicing are unrealistic. I remember the "circle of death", no aliveness.

Before you can consider fighting two people you must first learn to fight one opponent adequately something you are not learning.

I am no expert on multiable attackers, but one drill me and mine did was confine our self in a space the size of the mat area and take turn of being the one avoiding the two. No striking just avoiding this will teach you footwork.

Of cause we had to do this away from the dojo. For all their talking of free thinking and training out of the box they dont like you doing tranning thats not theirs.

10. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

How big was the mat area?

11. *27*

*27* Valued Member

How come?

12. *27*

*27* Valued Member

Thanks for this.

13. Ladder

Ladder New Member

This is where the problem with having a master that lies to you becomes a problem. The footwork syllabus was made by a man who doesn't understand footwork, it's been taught this way only to appease his ego, they have never been updated to become more efficient.

You will learn something from it, but you will learn something from anything. Tim knows a lot about footwork seek his help on this, i'd say his the only member there who's footwork is anything but rubbish.

Remember that footwork and range is one the most important aspect of combat. Make this a priority. For more help do some research in boxing.

27 perhaps you pm me your belt level so that i could help guide you more.

Ned the facilitates there were quite large i couldn't tell you square feet though. I hear it's smaller now.

14. Bouncy

Bouncy New Member

Damn, I was considering this style as their philosophy of harmony and adaptability as opposed to competitiveness and rigidity really appealed to me. But I don't want to put my training into the hands of someone who isn't passionate or who may set me up for failure.

I know this thread is way old, and I hope bumping it isn't against the rules (I only joined to post here haha,so forgive my extreme noobiness) but if anybody has any alternatives for something similar to this style but more legitimate that would be great!

I don't care about history, I just want something affordable/well worth it's price that will teach me to defend myself, provide me with an outlet to exercise (more than just walking the dog), and help me regain my former agility and coordination. Mental focus is a bonus too. Finding a style - and a dojo - embodying all of that seems so hard to a beginner!

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Are there any Boxing gyms near you?

16. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Boxing and/or judo.

17. letemlaf

letemlaf New Member

Krav maga - find a reputable organisation like KMG

18. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Krav Maga can be pretty LARPy in the worst cases. 'Ninja boom for the CoD generation' as someone either here or BS put it.

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Krav Maga is overhyped and exceptionally patchy

20. Bouncy

Bouncy New Member

Wow, lotsa replies, thanks! :D

Hmm, boxing isn't as... dynamic as I'd like. I'd like to learn how to use all sorts of techniques - throws, kicks, weapons, grappling, hand strikes... basically, the lot - for maximum adaptability and also because I like to use my body and all my muscles.

Krav Maga I have heard mixed things about, both good and bad, and so it probably warrants further research on my part.

Judo could be good, but I'm not sure if there'd be a dojo close enough, but I will keep it in mind also.

I'm out Belmont/Rivervale way and don't have a car and wont for a while, so I'm stuck with public transport for the time being but don't mind traveling an hour to a dojo that really appeals to me. Mainly I'm not sure what style to look into haha, I was doing Shin Bu Kai Karate as a teenager, and that was good because it took inspiration from many other styles. Such a shame this Ninjukai is essentially a scam, because the lack of tedious and pointless (for me anyway) katas and the inclusion of meditation made it sound so appealing to me. I suppose all self-respecting styles will have katas however, it's just that for my personal purposes I don't care about being able to "display" my abilities, I just want to have them haha. I guess katas are a good way to practice techniques... If you have nobody to spar with.

I essentially approach martial arts looking for a new way to use my body after a lifestyle change means I can't be as active outdoors as I used to, and I do miss feeling like I could defend myself if I needed to. So though it's partially self-defense that I'm after, I also seek that mind-body connection and awareness, and also an outlet to utilize my agility and abilities that can only be used in fast-paced movements... if that makes any sense haha xD