Ninjitsu Vs. jujitsu

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by lucianb, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

lol don't hold back now will you Nutjob!

2. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

us westerners will hopefully get a dose of reality sooner or later, i'm quite happy with my 3rd Dan in 22years...:cool:

3. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Mr.D..... Hmmmm I might just adopt that as my new handle. :evil:

Attached Files:

• MrT.gif
      MrT.gif
      File size:
      44.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  4. Kogusoku

Gyokushin-ryū was taught by Ueno Takashi and it's syllabus contained jūjutsu, koppō, iaijutsu and kenjutsu.

Gyokko-ryū is the mother art of Gikan-ryū & Gyokushin-ryū if the keito are inspected.

That close link that you write of Dean, is the fact that most of these arts were taught by Takamatsu Chosui to Hatsumi Masaaki. In certain koryu, you will find the term chūkō no so (中興の祖). The chūkō no so is someone in a Japanese cultural ryū (not just budō) who restructures & reconstructs the syllabus or teachings of a ryūha that have been lost. According to Watatani & Yamada, most of the densho were left to Takamatsu by one of his budō teachers, Toda Isshinsai. The teachings of Togakure-ryū were in the form of kuden & densho that were reconstructed by Takamatsu Chosui.

:topic: Possibly........

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Hard core Jiu Jitus has strikes. Ninjitsu actually incorporated Jiu Jitsu, as it maybe the nucleus of Ninjutsu

6. Kogusoku

Most jujutsu have strikes. It's not the art that is "hardcore", it's the person training in it.

And as for jujutsu being the nucleus of ninjutsu, not really. That is a misconception. A modern one. They are very different disciplines. However, that doesn't mean that they cannot be used together. Certain kenjutsu schools, utilize jujutsu techniques. It's all about the situation and the paradigm.

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I refer to "hardcore" as not being the pansy stuff that suddenly someone decides to change.

Strange, how many Ninjutsu mives, parody Jiu Jitus.

8. Dean Winchester

Cheers Kogusoku,

See this is why I always say "My understanding is..." because I know my understanding if often off the mark.

9. Dean Winchester

Would you mind explaining what you regard as Ninjutsu "moves" please?

10. Flashyboy

Flashyboy Valued Member

If you want an example of pressure points being useful then consider this. The largest artery in your arm runs down the inside between your bicep and tricep and rests rather seductively along the bone. An overhand or roundhouse punch can easily be blocked and a counterstrike in Jujutsu would usually be a hard low kick to the inside of the leading ankle, coupled with a centre knuckle strike to the above mentioned prone area between the blocked arms bicep/tricep. Struck anywhere near correctly will cause the artery to 'swell' reducing blood flow and limiting the usefulness of the arm.

Useful? From experience I would say so...

11. Dean Winchester

er who asked about pressure points?

12. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Excellent post Steve, nice one mate:cool:

13. benkei

benkei Valued Member

And to add to Dean's question, how the hell do you call that a 'usual' counterstrike in jujutsu? How many jujutsu ryuha have you trained in? Talk about a sweeping generalisation.....

14. Flashyboy

Flashyboy Valued Member

My mistake, I thought I was on the last page when I read the post I was replying to. As for the 'usual'.. It was an example in response to a previous post as I just stated. Try not to be so argumentative though, seriously, it was an example based on the earliest things I learned. Sorry if that doesn't fit into your 'masterful' understanding kind sir...

15. Kogusoku

What have you learned? What ryūha? For how many years?

16. Flashyboy

Flashyboy Valued Member

I am pretty much new in Martial Arts and I train in Kempo Jujutsu, no years to tally up as yet. And the comment about 'from experience' was due to it stopping me taking a severe beating off a couple of steroided up bouncers in the past (And an unjust beating too! But then we all say that don't we lol). It stopped the leading one from swinging again and gave me a chance to back up and avoid any further aggression by getting away. My point, as originally stated, in reply to what I thought was a post on the last page.

17. Kogusoku

Sorry, if you had just left it at the fact that you hadn't read up on the thread, that would have been cool but, to respond with:

And then you talking about getting whacked by bouncers.....

Noone asked you about your street experiences.

And noone asked for sarcasm either.

18. Flashyboy

Flashyboy Valued Member

In case my earlier apology for mixing up the post I replied to were missed, I'll repeat... My fault entirely. And since sarcasm doesn't work you then here's another way of phrasing it... You do not have any right to tell me what you do or do not want to read about. You asked a question and I gave you an answer. Perhaps many years of Martial Arts do teach some people a lot about technique, humbleness and flexibility.... For some though it appears this is countered with a lack of tact, a pure dearth of manners and the added mobility serves simply to insert your head up your ass.

There now, wasn't my apology for a simple mistake so much nicer all round? I will now step back and let the real adults return to the conversation.

19. Kogusoku

No, I just have a low tolerance for BS. Especially since it's not germaine to the discussion at hand. :topic:

20. benkei

benkei Valued Member

You're new here Flashy, so I'll help you out a bit. Sure, my post lacked a bit of tact, my apologies. It's just that alot of us who have been here a while, as Steve said, have a low tolerance of BS due to new people coming in, spouting off 'facts' and then having a tantrum when we tell them they are wrong or even worse telling us that we're wrong instead. May I suggest lurking around a little bit more, listen and learn as much as you can. There are some very experienced people here that you can learn alot from. You might have been a bit shocked from the replies, but I assure you, MAP is a pretty nice place. If this was bullshido.....ouch.