Ninjitsu Help

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Yukyo, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Yukyo

Yukyo New Member

Hi this is my first post in this thread.I am currently trying to study Ninjitsu from books from Dr.Hatsumi or steven hayes because im in NYC and i dont know where else i can learn from but books or anything i can get my hands on.Does anybody know anyway that'l help me out?

2. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Welcome to MAP! Go to www.winjutsu.com and click on the "yellow pages" link near the top of the screen for a list of dojos arranged by area. I believe there are several in the NYC area. Dr. Hatsumi's books are good, but you really should have a teacher.

3. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

welcome. Ahh kinjiro that's my line :p . I'd imagine NYC being so huge and all would have atleast a few dojos because nothing makes up for a teacher.

4. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Yukyo, you definitely want to have a teacher. By all means, read Dr. Hatsumi's and Stephen Haye's books -- you will see what some of the techniques look like, but to really learn them, you have to know what they feel like, and you will only get that in a class, with a Sensei and other students, so do check out some of the local dojos!

5. ninja4u2hire

ninja4u2hire Valued Member

Hey buddy check out kihon.com, but there are tons of other schools around the country. Unfortunately I'm in Illinois..When you do your search type in Bujinkan, or Ninjutsu. Oh, I also agree, you can't learn ninjutsu from a book.