ninja vs apache

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by kalari55, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Cross cultural comparison can be an interesting and useful endeavour. Examining how different cultures approach the same problems can lead to insight into common themes and behaviours.

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I get that! That isn't my perception of what is going on here. OP can correct me, but the threads by him/her come across more as " Ninja's are cool, let's tie everything into Ninjitsu." (In a way that doesn't give credit to other cool cultures and MA's being that in their own right.)

We aren't talking about cultures where a reasonable comparison of how they influenced each other can be made - one where the cultures crossed and influenced each other in any major way. OP is really reaching to make a comparison IMO. Hannibal is right, they simply aren't comparable.

Am I the only one who interprets it this way?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  3. aaradia

Just look at the way OP phrases his/ her original question...............

Not how they compare to each other, what their similarities in approaches are........but are these Native American Tribes "close to" Ninja's.

I find it a bit disrespectful to the Apache and Comanche tribes.

4. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

I think the ninja would lose their scalps if facing off in battle with the apache.. But that opinion comes from being a practitioner of native american knife combatives for the last decade..
    :yeleyes:

5. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I think so too, but only after watching youtube videos of ninjutsu.

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

That is an excellent point, sir. I'd completely forgotten about that.
    (sigh) I was addicted to that show when I was about 13 years old. The Baroness, yes. :love:

8. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Man, I vividly remember begging my mum for the storm shadow action figure during a wet Saturday afternoon in town. She relented: I practically exploded with joy.

Sadly those figures came with wire attached ball joints that weren't as flexible as they suggested and I pulled it apart in two days.

#thepowerofpersistence.

9. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Poor Taihenjutsu. Clearly he was from an inferior ninja clan

10. kalari55

kalari55 Valued Member

Ha ha ha ha what a thinking that is ...are you a successor or close relative of natives ....why are you so offended..i did not ask any thing stupid ...like Mr Dean said....we can compare different cultures to find out the similarities between them ........take a coffee and think about what i asked..

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

kalari55, ease up a little please.

You're getting a little wound up by some answers and your combative replies aren't helping.

If you believe you are right, then the question is pointless.

We grow by engaging is discussion and sharing our experiences.

12. aaradia

Not related/ successor and not offended. One can have an opinion and it doesn't come from a place of being offended.

As for the intelligence or not of the question, that is a matter of opinion. With all due respect, my opinion differs from yours on that matter.

13. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I think your opinion was vindicated as fact the moment Deadliest Warrior was mentioned ;)

14. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't know bout' no ninjas vs. apache, but if you get that supporting membership you can sure show those doggone pirates what's up when it comes to ninja throwing stars.

15. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Dynamite and smoke grenades are not remotely the same thing. Not. Remotely.

16. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I give you concrete proof of an Apache using smoke and pyrotechnics to evade an attack:

[​IMG]

17. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Closing this. Going nowhere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.