Ninja tests?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by nzric, Nov 2, 2003.

1. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Just a general questions, out of curiosity:

How do you spar/practice/test in the ninja arts? As the arts are quick-kill methods, I'd think any real test would have to have way too much realism. The internal arts are also designed for a quick-kill/disable but we don't have gradings and belts, so there isn't a formal test situation. Are there any other tests in the grading curriculum (e.g. strategy & warcraft/stealth/medicines etc.?).

2. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

The actual style assosciated with ninjutsu is called taijutsu, very very cool art to study. Lots of joint locks and throws and some nifty striking arts. The techniques do have the potential to kill/mame some one but in the training arena it is very controled just like any other grappling/throwing art.

3. havoc123

havoc123 New Member

If u want to learn the art and basically any other jappanese martial art i suggest taking Genbukan Ninpo. Every jappanese martial art sprung from ninpo.

4. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Havoc123, are you training Genbukan Ninpo on Long Island? under who? I study under Renchi Allie at Long Island Ninjtusu Centers, when not at school

Havoc from some of other post it obvious that you train rain under Renchi Allie. What dojo are you at, I normally train at Hanata Dojo in West Islip, I'll be there again in December.

I see another one your posts I see your at the East Islip School, Were you are the retreat this past Labor Day?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  5. ninja pimp

ninja pimp New Member

I agree with Virtuous how ever in ninjutsu you will train in weapons empty hand anatomy stealth camouflage wilderness survival probably more too its fun as mess!

6. pimphand

pimphand New Member

Can ninjas see through walls?

A friend of mine said there is a meditation technique used by ninjas which enables them to detect heat and movement through brick walls??!

Can any one give me advice on where I can learn more about this?

7. nzric

Sorry dude, I think you're confusing 'Ninja' with the alien in Predator 2.

If you really think that's true, please send me your full name and credit card details and I'll tell you the secret

8. hafer34

hafer34 New Member

Ninjutsu usually has sparring with no protectors or anything. Joint locks and grappling are used most of the time. Thing about sparring in Ninjutsu or just plainely working on techniques is that we hit each other with some force to toughen our bodies for real life blows. My first class in Bunjikan Ninjutsu, I was surprised no one practiced with me softly, but you begin to like that when its your turn to attack. Peace. (Make sure to throw in some rolls and breakfalls while sparring)

9. pimphand

pimphand New Member

Next you will be telling me that Ninja's can't harness the power of electricity for their own sinister means...

...I know ninjitsu is a closed shop and I will have to earn my stripes before learning all the secrets, but I can't wait.

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Pimphand, please stop trolling...

11. pimphand

pimphand New Member

K Girl, you can sniff out a troll at 10 paces, fair play to ya...

...pimphand abides.

I ain't made at 'cha though. :)

12. nzric

Worth a try though pimphand - check out some of the recent tai chi posts for some masters at work.

Also, thanks for the info Hafer34, that's just what I wanted to know

13. Scott194

Scott194 New Member

BNWAHHAHAHAHAHAha

14. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

"Sorry dude, I think you're confusing 'Ninja' with the alien in Predator 2.

If you really think that's true, please send me your full name and credit card details and I'll tell you the secret"

soooo nzric what your saying is that the ninjas are actually aliens who teach humans there ways?

15. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Yes its true, its finally out. Ninjas CAN see through walls, and if you watched Hidden Dragon Flying Tiger or whatever the hell it was, they can fly through the air and land in trees also!! Its a VERY closed society from what I hear.....