Nikkyo trick

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Virtuous, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

This may be common knowledge but it is something I stumbled across a little while ago.
    When you have some one in a Nikkyo you can move the ukes hand in a small counter clockwise circle repeatedly and it will begin to lock all the joints up tighter and tighter with every rotation. The bad thing is this is kind of slow.
    To get an almost instant communative lock with Nikkyo move the Uke's locked wrist as if you were drawing a small 'Z' on his/her chest.

Let me know if it helps, seems to work well with every one I show and use it on.

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

If you want a fast effective Nikkyo apply while uke has a totaly straight arm ... just don't expect uke to be your friend much longer.

3. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

Nikkyo is about control.

If you are hypnotised by the pain you cause your uke, you have already missed the point.

What kind of person uses pain to control?

4. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Oh don't worry Dexter I know what Nikkyo is forI didn't realy miss the point but the fact is if you're gunna use tricks you might as well use ones that hurt on people you don't like .... oh and to answer your question ... people with a sadistic element to their personality and control freaks like using pain.