newbie ripped my thai shorts

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Bruce Irving, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

:cry: we were "shadowsparring" and we were rotating so i got paired up with a new guy cuz i was closest to his hieght. all was goin well until he threw a leg kick... he obviously didnt learn these well because it came out like a diagnal rising snap kick. so i went to check and his foot cought the open seam of my left leg and tore it :cry: .. so i looked at it and punched him in the face! :woo: na jus kidding i told him it was alright. kinda depressing tho bc my teacher jus gave me em like 2 weeks ago. jus hoppin my GF can sew em.

BTW how do u pronounce "Prajit" i usually jus call em the Thai bands/arm bands

2. sportmuaythai

sportmuaythai Valued Member

I believe it should be written as Prajiat. Try saying quickly Pra- jee- ed. Usually, Thais don't just say prajiat, but call Paa Prajiat. Paa is Thai word for cloth. It was used to wrap amulet or blessed sacred object.

3. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

4. creswell

creswell New Member

blimey...i thought muay thai was supposed to be tough.

and theres you lot worrying about your nice satin shiny shorts.....and what they'll look like on.....ha..(i am joking by the way, before i get a nice shiny round kick in my direction)

them shorts are lovely....

5. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

lol creswell
    yeah they look really thai like i might get em i need a new pair

6. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

they look alright im jus an anti red fan... sry for hatin lol. thanks for the response

7. Jahk Nah Rai

Jahk Nah Rai Valued Member

you shoulda pulled his shorts down in front of the whole class! Nobody rips my shorts and gets away with it. Hell I paid good money for my Thaismai's and I'm not about to let a noob ruin them!

It's pronounced pra-chyet where the "pra" is pronounced with a lazy "r" sound, "ch" is a short hard "ch" sound, the "y" and "t" sounds are subtle.

8. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

so is it lke saying Pra- shyeet almost

9. Jahk Nah Rai

Jahk Nah Rai Valued Member

Har har no not shyeet, "ch" like chair or chardonnay and the "y" sound is very subtle.