Newbie kenpoist here

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by bill007, May 14, 2006.

1. bill007

bill007 New Member

Hi everyone, just want to introduce myself here on the forum, i'm living in Canada, Montreal area and i'm a kenpoist practicing for 10 years on and off and want to discuss kenpo/kempo with other martial artists from other place and think this is the place to do.

2. HongKongFooey

HongKongFooey Valued Member

Hi Bill.

I practice American Kenpo, Parker/ Planas lineage, in Maryland.
    We do a version of the 16 technique system. I am up you chatting when you get a chance.

Dave

3. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Bill, what kind of Kempo do you practice?

I do Shaolin kempo, in Nebraska, USA.

4. bill007

bill007 New Member

I was in Villari's Shaolin Kempo in the 90's trough green belt, after this i switched to Masters of self defense center where they teach a bit of the old Villari updated to Cerio's Kenpo trough brown belt, unfortunately Masters centers closed down everywhere except in Boston area, i think there's only 4 schools now in Massachusets and some affiliated, now i'm giving a try to a school i found who's teaching the Parker system in the Joe Palanzo WKKA, I'm starting in new for the third time in 3 different systems, i hope this time is gonna be the good one...

5. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i'm sure that this has been covered already, so please excuse my not catching it....what's the difference between villari's kempo and ceiro's kempo?

6. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hi Bill nice to have you here - I hope you enjoy all of the forum and look forward to hearing about you and your training :)

7. bill007

bill007 New Member

More kicks in Cerio's and more techniques from the 5 animals, some minor differences in the combinations and kenpo punch techniques, it's similar but i've found the Masters program a bit more complete than the other one.

Bill

8. bill007

bill007 New Member

Thanks Melanie, nice to meet you.

Bill

9. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Do you teach masters of nick cerios?

10. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Hello Bill,
    I am still with the Masters System! Who did you study under when you were with MSD?

11. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Hi Bill007,

Welcome to MAP. I have nothing to do with any of the American systems of Kempo/Kenpo so I generally refrain from comments regarding technical or political subject matter. I practice a Japanese form called Shorinji Kempo.

12. bill007

bill007 New Member

I trained with Nathalie Paradis, Gregory Young, Danny Masson, Patrick Brochu and Marlon Wilson. Marlon Quit MSD to join master Ingargiola, I hope I'm spelling his name correctly, where are you training Joe?

Bill

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  13. bill007

bill007 New Member

I'm not teaching Kikingfist i'm learning another system (Ed Parker) since yesterday and it's good to be back in training...

14. bill007

bill007 New Member

nice to meet you Collin, i saw some clips from Shorinji kempo, look very nice.

Bill

15. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

Maron has a school in canada have you look him up?

16. bill007

bill007 New Member

Yes I know I was in his school when he join the New York organisation, I talked to him a couple of months ago i'll give him a call soon to take news from him.