New

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by DraKeN, Sep 18, 2003.

1. DraKeN

DraKeN New Member

Hello I'm a 16 year old from california Los Angeles and I always wanted to learn some sort of martial arts for one I think it will be good for me and I kinda want to pass this on my kids and I kinda live in a dangerous town alot of people would say ninjitsu or kung fu , but I'm kinda moving toward ninjitsu because it's sounds more intresting and I might learn more better things then kung fu though I do not knowledge so I want to be opened minded because there might be other styles of martial arts that might be better for me but what I kinda need is your point of view of ninjitsu and kung fu or maybe other types and I would be much greatful

Thanks!

2. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Ninjitsu is one style and kungfu is something like five or six different approaches split between 350+ styles...

What about the ninjitsu particularly interests you? I think the only unique feature of it is the stealth training. As a kungfu guy, I train that at home anyway, sneaking up on my cats :D

Rgds,
    David

PS Sorry ninja guys for angling to poach one of your own :D

3. Bouk Teef

Bouk Teef Valued Member

Why not try both. It really depends on what type of MA suits you and the reasons why you want to train. Do the one you enjoy the most is my advice.

4. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Ninjitsu has lots of differences more than stealth

Taijitsu fights at all ranges, long, kicking, striking, clinch and ground to a basic level.

It uses a massive set of weapons around 21 depending on the style of taijitsu (correct ninjitsu name)

Yes it covers stealth work

Covers many concepts of fighting and good awareness

Covers Punching, Kicking, Locks, Sweeps, Throws, Takedowns, body mechanics this across all ranges is a difference to the main stay of KF styles like WCKF as this is more close to mid range and does no ground fighting as standard.

The weapons covered in KF are just Chinese weapons compaired to the Japanese weapons of Ninjitsu - as a preference I think the Jap ones are better.

There are lots of differences but its down to personal choice - try both and see how you get on and which one is best suited to you.

5. DraKeN

DraKeN New Member

well the reason why I want want to train because I think it might be good for me and I always wanted to learn it when I was a kid but my parents couldn't really take me since they both had to work and didn't have as chance but now I can,

what really intrested me about ninjitsu is the stealth as well but I heard it's not to effective in the streets because like I said I live in a dangerous neighborhood and their defense is preeyty much crap ( i heard)

Kung fu I wanted to take because I wanted to do something different then TKD or karate and I heard about of great defenses and offensives skills to learn in that style but I'm still looking into both of them and Hope I find the best style for me soon

6. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

As a practitioner of Ninjutsu under the Bujinkan, I can tell you that compared to most Kung Fu styles, we cover more ranges as far as being able to strike with hands and feet, being able to perform locks and holds, being able to choke, grapple, use a variety of weapons, etc. Kung Fu, depending on the style will focus on short or long strikes and hard or soft techniques, as well as have different ways of flowing from technique to technique. Of course, this is an over-generalization, but you get the picture. I am still not against taking a Kung Fu form myself, however I feel Tai Chi would be the best compliment to my taijutsu. If you have to pick an art, see which one feels best to you. Just remember that when looking for Kung Fu, you're going to find countless styles and you might have a bit of trouble deciding which to go with. Best of luck. Jaa mata!

7. DraKeN

DraKeN New Member

oof I might just have to go for kung fu because ninjitsu is real hard to find in my area though I'm still looking real hard is there a way to look a footages of people practicngs the kung fu art? ,

8. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

DraKeN for your ninjutsu search check out www.winjutsu.com and go to yellow pages that might help ya. (Kurohana would've said that :( )

9. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

is kurohana still here?