New to Kuk sool won

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Jungdo, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Jungdo

Jungdo Valued Member

Hello all
    Like I said in my bio I am going to be training in kuk sool won soon.
    And I have had some training in other korean styles before. I was wondering
    what really does it have. Some compare it to hwa rang do. However they may have some of the samething but I know they are diffrent. I guess what I'm asking is what am I going to get myself into when I join the kuk sool won family. Thanks for your help and insight.

2. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2005
  3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Thanks badger, was just going to suggest looking in the "Other" forum where Kuk Sool Won is currently being discussed in a few threads.

4. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Only too happy to help ;)

5. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

Hey KW, welcome to the cult... I mean, MA:D Can't vouch for the Ann Arbor school, but I joined the school down at U of I Urbana-Champaign at the beginning of last school year and it's been great. Saw you took some hapkido before; I've heard KSW is really similar so I doubt you'll have any problems. Like I said, I know nothing about the Ann Arbor school, but if it's anything like mine, then you're in for a really great next few years and will be meeting some awesome people. Look down at the other part of the styles section for more info, and more people that you can talk to about kuk sool.